Koodo Community

my text wont send

so i have this lg g7 and i have intermittent text issue with regular text and ms where it will say not sent and you click try again it will work or it will load for ever

i have sent the phone in for repair to lg they said it was fixed same issue is happening i have switched sim cars same thing

i have switch to my old phone lgv20 and it works perfect now the only thing thats different between these phones is that my lg v20 is unlocked phone and this is koodo phone my apn looks different style then my lg v20 i was wondering if anyone can help without me sending it in again ... since i travel for work ...

is this phone unlocked ?? i thought all new phones are supposed to be unlocked maybe this is my issue ??

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@sevanshlimoon : Yes, it is unlocked. I am using a G7, I haven't encountered anything as you mentioned.

Did you send MMS or SMS? SMS don't need to have a correct APN. Text problem could be issues with signal receptions. I would suggest you try to reset the network settings. (Settings >>> General >>> Restart & Reset >>> Network settings Reset).

MMS problem is more complexed, but from what you said, you have sent your phone to LG and had the Koodo technical team check? What did they say? Did you check other person carriers?
It had other issues they fixed everything accordoing to them but this issue is happening as well and i cant get anyone to fix it and the phonenis less then 4 months old

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It had other issues they fixed everything accordoing to them but this issue is happening as well and i cant get anyone to fix it and the phonenis less then 4 months old

Was it LG canada? what was the problem actually?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@sevanshlimoon
From your screenshot, the SMS showed up instead of MMS. Was cellular data turned on at that time? have you tried another texting app like Textra SMS or Chomp SMS?
Yes lg canada repair center since under warranty

I had the text issue then it become dropped calls then over heating then it finnaly wont turn on any more so i think they replaced mother board and other stuff and said everything is good

But as ypu can see this is text from now

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I would suggest you try another texting app like Textra or Chomp and see if the problem persists. Also make sure you cellular data is turned on.
No i dont want to use an app data is always on but so is wifi ...
I have never used a texting app i rather use factory one but i think there is issue here and i cant beleive i cant get anyone to repair it ...

And apn is locked i cant change anything and when i add apn it works then it deletes it and goes but to these and i dont even know what ims is

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No i dont want to use an app data is always on but so is wifi ...

Then it was the problem. MMS requires Cellular (Mobile) data to be ON. MMS won't send on Wifi.

How much data do you have? MMS won't be counted toward your data usage.

You can check your LG APN with this guide from Koodo https://www.koodomobile.com/help/setting-data-your-non-koodo-phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Problem seems to have been solved above. I was typing this guide below while things got sorted out. Leaving it here for anyone else who needs troubleshooting since it seems we can no longer delete posts in this forum.

Try this process:

1. Send yourself some texts (no pictures) while you are in various locations. If that all works OK, your signal, radio and SIM are alright.
  2. Turn off WiFi. Check that mobile data networks are on and that you can access the web (mail or browser).
  3. Check the APN on both the V20 and the G7. You may find a difference in the line APN type. If so, transfer the value you see on the V20 to the G7. I had to change the type to Not set (or blank) from the standard Koodo one on my V20.
  4. Try sending yourself a picture message with one small photo. If that succeeds, try another with a few more pix. Some messaging apps will have problems if the attachment sizes are too large. You can try reducing the resolution of the pictures, sending fewer at a time or trying another MMS app.