Koodo Community
Solved

My Text messages are not being received when I send them

I am having a problem sending text messages.. I can receive them and reply to that text message, but if I initiate a new text message, the receiver does not not get it? This only recently started happening.. I'm using a Galaxy S3... this is only regular SMS texts.. Any ideas? My plan includes unlimited texting and my bills are paid...

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ZCUS wrote:

Tried the hard reset but still have the problem.. The people I am trying to send to happen to ha...

I think what Tyler is getting at is, will it work if you entered the phone number manually (with area code)?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ZCUS wrote:

Ok just updated the contact with the area code and it worked... but strange it only started happe...

Glad it's working now!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you tried hard resetting your phone (close it, pop the battery out and let it for few seconds then put all back in)?
Userlevel 4
ZCUS wrote:

Tried the hard reset but still have the problem.. The people I am trying to send to happen to ha...

When you initiate the texting, are you selecting from the contact list or manually putting in the number?
Tried the hard reset but still have the problem.. The people I am trying to send to happen to have Black berries and Iphones, could that be the problem?
ZCUS wrote:

I'm selecting from my contact list. I also just reset all my application preferences and still no go.
Ok just updated the contact with the area code and it worked... but strange it only started happening recently. Will report back if it pops up again.