Koodo Community
Solved

My samsung note8 has no voicemail notification.

Two month ago, my smsung note8 had voicemail notification. But since then, no more voicemail notification. I have to call my number to check voicemail.

I tried to setup the voicemail on my phone. But i cannot find voicemail icon or setting in my phone.
icon

Best answer by Dinh 10 October 2018, 01:21

Yes, i called Koodo two times. They gave me very nice sevice. They reset their end each time. But i still cannot get the voicemail notification.

I checked my samsung setting. I cannot find any voicemail setup. Now, I doubt this is note8's problem.

Have you got another phone to test? I would try the SIM in another phone and see if voicemail notification come up.

Also, if possible, I would try to test another SIM in your note 8 and see the notification was there.

I would try to find if it was a phone or carrier issue.
View original

11 replies

Hi Dinh, thanks for your good idea. I will try as you said. Thanks again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes, i called Koodo two times. They gave me very nice sevice. They reset their end each time. But i still cannot get the voicemail notification.

I checked my samsung setting. I cannot find any voicemail setup. Now, I doubt this is note8's problem.

Have you got another phone to test? I would try the SIM in another phone and see if voicemail notification come up.

Also, if possible, I would try to test another SIM in your note 8 and see the notification was there.

I would try to find if it was a phone or carrier issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Try to check your sim in another phone or another sim your phone and see is the problem follows the sim or the phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you have data on your phone? In some instances data must be enabled for the notification to come throughThanks. Yes, my data is turned on. I called samsung service. They said my carrier should solve this voicemail issue.

This is strange, I guess it is time to call Koodo, if you haven't. You could ask them to reset on their end and see if it could help? I would suggest you set up a callback through their digital assistant so you don't have to wait on phone www.koodo.com/chat
Do you have data on your phone? In some instances data must be enabled for the notification to come through
Thanks. Yes, my data is turned on. I called samsung service. They said my carrier should solve this voicemail issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you have data on your phone? In some instances data must be enabled for the notification to come through

Thanks for your answer. I reset setting. But stil same. There is no voicemail icon in the dailer.Could you try to reset the data of the phone app also https://www.wikihow.tech/Reset-the-Voicemail-Icon-on-Your-Android-Phone

Thank you! I did factory reset today. But there is still no voicemail setup in my phone, and there is no voicemail notification.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thanks for your answer. I reset setting. But stil same. There is no voicemail icon in the dailer.
Could you try to reset the data of the phone app also https://www.wikihow.tech/Reset-the-Voicemail-Icon-on-Your-Android-Phone
Thanks for your answer. I reset setting. But stil same. There is no voicemail icon in the dailer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Jeff I believe the voicemail notification is part of the Phone Dialer app. If it didn't show up, it could be something wrong with the notification. First, I would try to restart the phone and update the phone and see if any update come up and see if it help. This link might help http://www.smartmobilephonesolutions.com/content/remove-voicemail-icon-android

You could try to reset the settings of the phone and see if it can help also (Settings > General management > Reset > RESET SETTING)