Koodo Community
Solved

My samsung note8 has no voicemail notification.

Two month ago, my smsung note8 had voicemail notification. But since then, no more voicemail notification. I have to call my number to check voicemail.

I tried to setup the voicemail on my phone. But i cannot find voicemail icon or setting in my phone.
icon

Best answer by Dinh 10 October 2018, 01:21

Yes, i called Koodo two times. They gave me very nice sevice. They reset their end each time. But i still cannot get the voicemail notification.

I checked my samsung setting. I cannot find any voicemail setup. Now, I doubt this is note8's problem.

Have you got another phone to test? I would try the SIM in another phone and see if voicemail notification come up.

Also, if possible, I would try to test another SIM in your note 8 and see the notification was there.

I would try to find if it was a phone or carrier issue.
View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Jeff I believe the voicemail notification is part of the Phone Dialer app. If it didn't show up, it could be something wrong with the notification. First, I would try to restart the phone and update the phone and see if any update come up and see if it help. This link might help http://www.smartmobilephonesolutions.com/content/remove-voicemail-icon-android

You could try to reset the settings of the phone and see if it can help also (Settings > General management > Reset > RESET SETTING)
Thanks for your answer. I reset setting. But stil same. There is no voicemail icon in the dailer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thanks for your answer. I reset setting. But stil same. There is no voicemail icon in the dailer.
Could you try to reset the data of the phone app also https://www.wikihow.tech/Reset-the-Voicemail-Icon-on-Your-Android-Phone

Thanks for your answer. I reset setting. But stil same. There is no voicemail icon in the dailer.Could you try to reset the data of the phone app also https://www.wikihow.tech/Reset-the-Voicemail-Icon-on-Your-Android-Phone

Thank you! I did factory reset today. But there is still no voicemail setup in my phone, and there is no voicemail notification.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you have data on your phone? In some instances data must be enabled for the notification to come through
Do you have data on your phone? In some instances data must be enabled for the notification to come through
Thanks. Yes, my data is turned on. I called samsung service. They said my carrier should solve this voicemail issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you have data on your phone? In some instances data must be enabled for the notification to come throughThanks. Yes, my data is turned on. I called samsung service. They said my carrier should solve this voicemail issue.

This is strange, I guess it is time to call Koodo, if you haven't. You could ask them to reset on their end and see if it could help? I would suggest you set up a callback through their digital assistant so you don't have to wait on phone www.koodo.com/chat
Yes, i called Koodo two times. They gave me very nice sevice. They reset their end each time. But i still cannot get the voicemail notification.

I checked my samsung setting. I cannot find any voicemail setup. Now, I doubt this is note8's problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Try to check your sim in another phone or another sim your phone and see is the problem follows the sim or the phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you got another phone to test? I would try the SIM in another phone and see if voicemail notification come up.

Also, if possible, I would try to test another SIM in your note 8 and see the notification was there.

I would try to find if it was a phone or carrier issue.
Hi Dinh, thanks for your good idea. I will try as you said. Thanks again.