Solved

My phone won't turn on or charge ?

What do I do when my phone won't charge or turn on ? Need help

8 replies

Userlevel 7
What phone do you have
Chad Burr wrote:

What phone do you have

I phone 6S.  I plug it in to charge and nothing happens.  I can't turn the phone on???
Chad Burr wrote:

What phone do you have

Try the steps on this page

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201412
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

What phone do you have

@Denise: the topic is 2 years old. Don't revive it please.
Normally if you cannot charge your battery, then it could be also some issues with your chargers or cables. I would try to test with another cable/chargers.

Regarding the iPhone, you could try to hold the power button and home button for about 10 seconds and see if it can turn on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
*if your phone has a removable battery*

I have this problem in the beginning with my LG G3. If u have a removable battery, take the battery out. Hold the power button for 30 seconds. Plug the battery back into the phone and it SHOULD turn back on and charge up as normal.

This is assuming no physical or water damage. And also assuming you haven't rooted and flashed a custom Rom or anything If your on Android
Badge +4
Age is another factor. If the phone/battery is more than two years old, it may be time to replace the battery, if removable. If non-removable, the phone will have to be sent in for service. Usually, there are telltale signs before a battery is depleted to the point where it can no longer hold a charge. Things like having to charge the battery more often than usual, or a significant loss of power over a short period of time are two examples.

If the phone/battery is less than a year old, battery replacement is covered under the manufacturers one year warranty on most phones.
Userlevel 5
Hey WeeDan Music,

Do you still need help? Please let us know.

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Has the phone recently run out of battery? Most phones won't turn on right away after a deep discharge. Have you tried leaving it for 30 minutes on the charger before attempting to turn it on?