Koodo Community

Community

Solved

my phone turns off randomly

I have am LG Nexus 4 and at the most random times it turns off. My husband has the same phone and same problem. We both have two different plans. Have you heard of this? Is it common?

5 replies

Have you updated it recently? A bad update can cause any amount of issues. I would try backing up all the data on the device then a hard reset. If that doesn't solve the issue then if it has a warranty at all on it look at getting it sent for repair.
Lisa I have a same phone and I have the same issue. I didn't know what to do about so thanks for asking the question.
Nicole Marie wrote:

Lisa I have a same phone and I have the same issue. I didn't know what to do about so thanks for ...

No problem
A hard reset doesn't work my husband tried it already. Sending both phones is really hard on us cause my work has my cell number.
Userlevel 7
Hi Lisa, When you do a hard reset of a Nexus phone or any android device that does not have a removable battery, you need to press and hold the power button for 5-10 seconds to reboot the phone. If you try this and the phone still restarts on its own afterwards, you need to do a factory reset which will erase all of your data on the device so be sure to back up your data. I had this issue with the previous version of android on my Nexus 4 and when I did the factory reset it cleared up my issues with it shutting down on its own. Hope this helps! 🙂