Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My phone says I have no simcard out of no where

My phone 5 hrs ago said I have no sim card and I can't enough go on my data there's no switch for it I need help as soon as possible

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Kayla,

You could try take out the SIM card, switch off the phone, then reinsert the card and boot up your phone again. If that doesn't help, I suggest you get a new SIM card... it probably went bad!
Hey thanks il try that I never heard of a sim card going bad after a yr I was wondering if I have to manufactory reset it which I hope not but if it will save my phone il do it
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kayla wrote:

Hey thanks il try that I never heard of a sim card going bad after a yr I was wondering if I have...

You could try the SIM in another phone, do you have a friend with a Koodo phone just to test? I wouldn't factory reset your phone just yet 🙂
Userlevel 6
Kayla wrote:

Hey thanks il try that I never heard of a sim card going bad after a yr I was wondering if I have...

SIM cards do fail occasionally. I would try replacing that before you factory reset your phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kayla wrote:

If you don't know anyone, Koodo stores wil have demo phones and Sim cards to swap each with to see if the problem follows.
Thanks everyone some how wfter 5 hrs and myself Pretty much giving up I simply kept turning my cell on and off and it can back to me no sim card issue no longer just really messed up worst 6 hrs total of my life lol with my boss not having contact for work reasons