Koodo Community

Community

Solved

my phone's motherboard is fried, what are my options?

Yesterday I was taking pics of my daughter's b-day party with my LGG4 and I looked at the battery before putting it in my pocket, it was at 31%, a few minutes later, I took the phone out of my pocket to look something up, and it was off. I tried turning it back on. it wouldn't turn on. I plugged it in and left it charging for half an hour, it still wouldn't turn on. I googled the issue I was having and found out that the motherboard had fried itself and it's a known issue with the G4. My phone is just over a year old & I still have a $150 tab, what are my options?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you tried holding the power and volume down buttons until the LG logo appears?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can send it for repair, if Allan's suggestion does not work. You can make a decision to repair or not, based on the quote. Koodo stores can help with sending for repair.
Userlevel 1
Maybe it is fried but a master reset will work if it isn't. Press the power button and the volume down button at the same time. If the lg logo appears immediately release the power button but continue to hold the volume down button. But about 2 seconds after releasing the power button re-press it again. If yes appears scroll to it using the volume down and follow the prompts. This will be a master reset. You will lose everything saved but that is better than paying for a repair you may not need or buying a new phone. If the master reset doesn't work then it may be fried. If you don't want to repair it then sell it to a place that buys phones for parts. Buy a used phone until the tab is paid off. Then decide what to do. As important as a phone may be there was a time we got alone just fine without them so you may have to wait a while. Better to wait a bit than payin for two phones one of which may be a coffee holder.