Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My phone randomly will change a text of mine and put @ in between every letter, any ideas as to why thats happening?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I see you've added Android as a product, but if you could provide us with the exact model of your phone, then we can better understand what's going on.
Ivan wrote:

I see you've added Android as a product, but if you could provide us with the exact model of your...

SGH-1337M
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find anything about your particular problem. Now, the problem lies either with your keyboard or your SMS app. If the problem only exists when typing a text message, then it's clearly the SMS app. In this case, you can grab another SMS app from the Play store (Google's Hangouts handles SMS/MMS, among other things). If the problem happens everywhere, then it's your keyboard. You can switch to Google's keyboard (Settings > My Device > Language and Input > Keyboards and input methods) or get another one from the Play store (I personally use SwiftKey on my Android devices - it's not free but it's definitely worth the purchase for the almost BlackBerry 10-like typing experience). Now, I know that neither of these things really solve this problem. You can always perform a factory reset on the phone if you choose, but then you lose any data that's not backed up and you have to re-organize your home screens and re-download any apps you use.
ive already dont the factory reset on my phone and lost everything, thinking if i did it the problem would be solved but it still does it
done*
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You could possibly have a warranty issue. I'd advise you to call customer service for help at this point. You can reach them by calling 611 from your Koodo mobile.