Koodo Community

Community

Solved

my phone keeps switching off to no sim card emergency calls only

moto g keeps switching to emergency calls only, not happy

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's probably a faculty SIM card. Try removing and reinserting the card with the phone off. If the problem persists, I'd recommend getting a new SIM card.
done that, new card still have the same problem
Userlevel 7
I'm going to assume your bills are all paid up, airplane mode is off, and you have 3G enabled in your cellular settings.

Sounds like it could be a problem with the SIM tray, then. If the phone is from Koodo and under a year old since date of purchase, I recommend you bring it in for warranty repair. Back up anything important to you since it will be wiped once it reaches the repair facility.

If it's more than a year old, then it's time to upgrade my friend.
Jonathan I wrote:

I'm going to assume your bills are all paid up, airplane mode is off, and you have 3G enable...

My phone is more than a year old, selling phones that only last a couple of years is a poor way to keep me as a customer
Userlevel 5
Jonathan I wrote:

I'm going to assume your bills are all paid up, airplane mode is off, and you have 3G enable...

Hey Peter,

Even if your phone is no longer under the 1 year warranty, you can always visit a Koodo store nearby. A rep will look into this for you. Also, feel free to contact Motorola directly if you think it's a manufacturing defect http://koo.do/1Tu4jjc as they might be able to offer more support.

Thanks.