Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My phone keeps randomly shutting off and vibrating every 3 seconds.

I was using my phone and it randomly shut off and started vibrating roughly every 3 seconds. It turns on once in a while but shuts off again. The power button is really sensitive now as .

4 replies

Userlevel 2
That's definitely a phone issue. If it's under warranty, you can bring the phone in for repair to a Koodo shop. Your alternate options are calling in and having a mailer sent out to send your phone in for repair(you would be without a phone unless you have a back up) or for $25, you can get a refurbished phone of the same model within 3-5 business days.
Userlevel 6
Myke wrote:

That's definitely a phone issue. If it's under warranty, you can bring the phone in for repair to...

Just to add to the warranty options, the mailer is no longer simple repairs, it's now been switched up to a replacement option in which you send the phone (without the battery, SIM, SD or back-cover) to be assessed. If nothing voids the warranty you're actually sent a refurbished phone of the same model. Sort of like the $25 dollar option, except you send the phone in first but avoid the $25 charge. Also, if they find user damage in the free option they just send back the phone and explain the situation, whereas with the $25 option, if there's any damage you're charged $100 for the refurbished phone. Avoiding messy business with the bill.
Is there a way to get a newer model without the warranty?
Userlevel 2
You mean, is there a way to get a newer model for free? Nope. You will have to pay for a new phone. You can use what you have available to use from your tab balance to help with the cost.