Koodo Community
Solved

My phone is sending multiple texts, and staying on ''sending...' for a while

I have a LG G7 One. every time i send a new text, I get the ''sending...' message for at least a minute or two. Most of the time it ends up on "sent' but people always tell me they receive my texts twice, or sometimes even 3 times. here are some information to help out.

I am using the default messaging app that comes with the phone.
I have tried:
-Deleting all my messages, clearing the history and the cache
-Deleting all updates, and uninstalling.
-Restarting my phone
-doing all that, closing my phone for 10 minutes and opening it again.
Anyone have a fix for this?
icon

Best answer by Dennis 23 January 2019, 00:31

kevin12390 wrote:

Dennis wrote:

Have you tried a 3rd party messaging app like Textra or Chomp?

Just tried out Textra, still same problem.

Try your sim in another device or another sim in your device and see if the problem follows your phone or your sim

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is the LG coming with Messages from Google? Can you receive texts?
Dennis wrote:

I havent, i always used the default app, which i like. If there is no other option, i guess i can try one.
Robert T wrote:

Is the LG coming with Messages from Google? Can you receive texts?

Yeah i can receive txts no problem. and what do you mean comming with messages from google?
Dennis wrote:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
kevin12390 wrote:

Dennis wrote:

Try your sim in another device or another sim in your device and see if the problem follows your phone or your sim
kevin12390 wrote:

I have a LG G7 One. every time i send a new text, I get the ''sending...' message for at least a minute or two. Most of the time it ends up on "sent' but people always tell me they receive my texts twice, or sometimes even 3 times. here are some information to help out.

I am using the default messaging app that comes with the phone.
I have tried:
-Deleting all my messages, clearing the history and the cache
-Deleting all updates, and uninstalling.
-Restarting my phone
-doing all that, closing my phone for 10 minutes and opening it again.
Anyone have a fix for this?

I have the exact same fucking problem with the same phone.

It's extremely irritating because I am a medic in the oil patch and have to check in with 20 guys every hour or so. I have tried everything you said as well as trying a different sim.

Maybe when I am back in town I will buy another sim card. This leads me to believe that it's an issue with the network and phone and not the sim.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
skiboot1 wrote:

It's extremely irritating because I am a medic in the oil patch and have to check in with 20 guys every hour or so. I have tried everything you said as well as trying a different sim.

Maybe when I am back in town I will buy another sim card. This leads me to believe that it's an issue with the network and phone and not the sim.

Also, I would try to contact Koodo and ask for a reset from their end if possible.
Dinh wrote:

skiboot1 wrote:

Also, I would try to contact Koodo and ask for a reset from their end if possible.

Oh buddy, I have. I've gotten over 3 resets from them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
skiboot1 wrote:

Oh buddy, I have. I've gotten over 3 resets from them.

Then I would try another texting app or another phone. If it still happens after all that, then it could be the texting server or something else.
I did get another texting app. I'll be back in Grand Prairie in March I guess... Ffs they should pay me for this inconvenience.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lets keep your thread on here
https://community.koodomobile.com/android-81490/lg-g7-one-7793136