Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My phone is not working.

Why is my phone not working? I bought it on September 12, 2014. I paid for the "CAN Talk & text 100min $29" plan the same day.

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did the guy in the shop set it up for you? HAve you activated your line?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What exactly is not working? Is it no service? Is the phone not turning on? What phone is it? Walk us through what happened when you bought it and whats going on now?
I have no bars. So nothing
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ben Gehring wrote:

I have no bars. So nothing

Can you answer Robert and Dennis' questions, please Ben? It's a bit hard to troubleshoot when we literally know nothing about your particular problem 🙂
And the guy did everything for me
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ben Gehring wrote:

So you had service where you are right now before, but not now? Have you tried to pull the batter and sim for a few mins and try again?
Ben Gehring wrote:

I pulled out the battery and sim and put them back again already. My phone is a "Huawei Ascend Y330" and I got it from Future Shop if that helps.
Userlevel 2
Ben Gehring wrote:

your phone is not activated yet. check your sim card, under the koodo logo does it say "Prepaid" if it does, most likely you will need to activate your phone. go to activateprepaid.koodomobile.com
Userlevel 2
Ben Gehring wrote:

If you paid for the plan the same day, then 90% you're on prepaid but check just in case
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ben Gehring wrote:

Except that it sounds like Ben had service when he left future shop. Is that correct Ben? Billy, I'm sure it's not prepaid since there is no $29 prepaid plan nor any combination of prepaid base plan plus booster to add up to $29
Ben Gehring wrote:

I didn't turn it on at the store, I did it later(about 10 hours)
Userlevel 7
Ben Gehring wrote:

Hi Ben, When you got the phone, did you get it on prepaid or did you get it with a tab? If you are having issues with the phone itself you can always call tech support and see if they can troubleshoot the issue. Or if you have access to your self serve account you can try activating your sim card, it sounds like something went wrong when it was initially set up. Try to provide a bit more detail so we can help give you a solution to this problem.
Userlevel 6
Hi Ben, the best would be to contact us directly over so we can check what's happening. We can be reached at 1-866-995-6636 from another phone, option #6. Thank you! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
How do I call this number with no service?
And I don't have a home phone
Userlevel 7
Ben Gehring wrote:

You will have to find another means of calling the number if you can, that would be your only option unfortunately.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ben Gehring wrote:

VOIP Google Hangouts Skype