Koodo Community
Solved

My phone (Galaxy S7) doesn't appear to support VoLTE. Will it still be supported?

• 23 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Manitoba is switching to a VoLTE network but I can’t seem to find any VoLTE setting on my phone. Will this mean that I will be unsupported?

icon

Best answer by rikkster 23 February 2021, 18:55

The Galaxy S7 had both VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling years before these two terms became popular. (I still have an S7). The settings for these two features have disappeared as a result of updates over the past few years. This means that unfortunately your S7 is not supported. The ‘best answer’ in the link below provides more information as to what to expect as Koodo’s HSPA network migrates to VoLTE. 

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Badge +4

The Galaxy S7 had both VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling years before these two terms became popular. (I still have an S7). The settings for these two features have disappeared as a result of updates over the past few years. This means that unfortunately your S7 is not supported. The ‘best answer’ in the link below provides more information as to what to expect as Koodo’s HSPA network migrates to VoLTE. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There’s no interest in Samsung to update old phone to support them. They want you to update your phone, so I don’t see them coming back.