Koodo Community

Community

Solved

my phone cant send or recieve pictures! please help

I have the samsung galaxy s2x and it wont allow me to send or recieve pictures! Please help me out

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
is 3G data enabled? can you access the internet with wifi turned off? do you have a data block on the account? What happens when people try to send you picture messages? What happens when you try to send them?
Userlevel 1
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

is 3G data enabled? can you access the internet with wifi turned off? do you have a data block ...

Verify APN it should be set to sp.koodo.com and MMS settings to http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/koodo/mmsc
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

is 3G data enabled? can you access the internet with wifi turned off? do you have a data block ...

@MatB, the Link doesnt work. But you can find the APN settings here as well: http://koodomobile.com/en/ab/non-koodo-phone-data-setup.shtml
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Neither of the links work. I have active data and i cant send pics. Its stupid. And i only recieve pics "Sometimes"
to send or recieve pictures you need to turn your data package on.. it wont charge you if you have unlimited text pic ect.. but it needs to be turned on
Userlevel 1
LeannaGoebel wrote:

to send or recieve pictures you need to turn your data package on.. it wont charge you if you hav...

So sending pictures wont use data, but you do have to have a data plan then. Sorry been following a few threads on here dealing with this issue, and Im moving to Koodoo soon.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
LeannaGoebel wrote:

to send or recieve pictures you need to turn your data package on.. it wont charge you if you hav...

Sending pics uses data but you will not be charged for that type of data. However if your phone uses other data (apps, updates, etc), then you will be charged for that. Smart phones are tricky with respect to data leakage. On iPhones they cannot be controlled unless it has been jailbroken or unlocked.
Userlevel 1
LeannaGoebel wrote:

Im getting the Nokia Lumina 520 and we have never had data on phones. Even my current smartphone with Rogers I dont have data. I could care less to surf the web, check email, etc. I like to get away from that, so I wanted to get the Talk and Text plan. But I do use picture messaging a lot. So I would have to get a data plan then no matter what by the sounds of it
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
LeannaGoebel wrote:

If you are planning on never using data on your Lumina 520 you should be able to set up your MMCS settings so you may picture message, while entering a purposefully incorrect APN address so that data will not work. This should allow you to MMS without any risk of using cellular data
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
LeannaGoebel wrote:

It should be something similar to what Chad is saying here: http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/change_apn_to_disable_internet_while_enabling_mms_on_samsung_ace_2
Userlevel 1
LeannaGoebel wrote:

Awesome thanks. Thats what both our phones are like now, data is blocked, but pcitures go through. my wifes old phone got turned on once in her purse and used data for 3 hours without her knowing, so ever since then we dont want the abaility to even accidently use it. Im fine with hot spots if I need them, her, she could care less about emails or the web
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
LeannaGoebel wrote:

I was the same way about data use. I'm glad I could help
Userlevel 1
LeannaGoebel wrote:

Only sucky part is spending extra money on a data plan I dont really want to have. Was hoping for the $25 text and talk plan, but the cheapest data is $35
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
LeannaGoebel wrote:

Hi Ken, welcome 😃 Data is available on the $25 plan as well, as an automatic add-on. If you don't use data at all (which I admit is a bit hard, but doable... and there are tricks too) you don't pay for it. You will still have your unlimited text messages. If you use data, you will automatically be charged according to the data saver, which starts at $5. Bottom line, if you are not interested in data, there is no point in getting the data plan 🙂
Userlevel 1
LeannaGoebel wrote:

Ok, thanks. Reading more on here, and talking to a Futureshop rep I now know you dont need a data plan. Its just the phone will have the access to data unless you block that feature, or so pictures work block internet, etc but still allow picture data. Thats good news as I dont want data, and if I want the internet will use wifi.