Koodo Community

Community

Solved

my new galaxy s3 is giving me an intermittent 'emergency calls only' error. why?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If it's intermittent, are you in an area with poor cellular coverage? Being inside big concrete buildings also causes issues
Shouldn't be an issue. Sitting on my couch where I never had any issues with my old phone (also serviced by Koodo), and the error keeps coming and going. Unless this new phone has really terrible connectivity problems or something.
Userlevel 7
maybe a part of your phone is defective, causing the bad connectivity? if so contact them for a warranty as long as you didnt externally damage it. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Daniel Kim wrote:

maybe a part of your phone is defective, causing the bad connectivity? if so contact them for a w...

if it is brand brand new there is a 14 day return period if you are not satisfied
Daniel Kim wrote:

maybe a part of your phone is defective, causing the bad connectivity? if so contact them for a w...

Thanks for your help. Will do this if I can't fix it
Daniel Kim wrote:

We shall see. Thanks.
Badge +4
'Emergency calls only' could be an issue with the SIM card not making full contact with the contact points in the SIM holder in the phone. Power off the phone and remove back cover, verify that the SIM card is correctly seated in the holder. Replace back cover and power on the phone and see if the problem persists. Keep us posted.
rikkster wrote:

'Emergency calls only' could be an issue with the SIM card not making full contact with the conta...

Will try this
rikkster wrote:

'Emergency calls only' could be an issue with the SIM card not making full contact with the conta...

didnt work :s