Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My moto g3 rebooted on its own today

Userlevel 2
For some odd reason today my phone rebooted on its own for no reason at all was just listing to the fm radio app ? Is there any in phone app or downlable app to monitor phone and see if its running up to par ? Don't see why a phone should reboot on its own never experienced anything like this on iPhone.

25 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Ricardo,

Glitches happen. It's just like computers, every once in a while it encounters an error, crashes, reboots and away you go. Unless this happens constantly, there shouldn't be reason for you to worry about it!
Userlevel 5
Not that I'm answering your question, but your not alone. My Motto 3 does the same thing you described, but only when I have it plugged, into my truck charger. If it happens, just as I want to use it, I have to fool around with the power button to get it out of the Motorola Logo page, then into the off position and finally into the on position. Then its fine. Motorola is known for keeping its phones updated and I wonder if this is happening because of a update, or maybe some app on the phone is causing it.
Userlevel 2
5s wrote:

Not that I'm answering your question, but your not alone. My Motto 3 does the same thing you desc...

Did u swap your phone ?
Userlevel 5
5s wrote:

Not that I'm answering your question, but your not alone. My Motto 3 does the same thing you desc...

No, it original purchase.
Userlevel 2
It just froze and rebooted again. Phone was fine yesterday but there was a update this morning from moto
Userlevel 5
I got my update also. For that Stargate virus and something eles.
Userlevel 5
I wonder, if having GPS on all the time has anything to do with it.
Userlevel 5
Ricardo.   You mentioned the other day that you had almost used all your phone memory.
This can cause problems, especially if you have a lot of apps running all the time.
Did you clean some of the apps out of your phone that you don't need?
Userlevel 2
Spence wrote:

Ricardo.   You mentioned the other day that you had almost used all your phone memory.
This ...

Yes I deleted some apps I have about 1.8gb avail memory and I didn't have any other apps open just the fm radio.
Userlevel 7
If it's still doing it Ricardo and Steve, try performing a factory restore on the phone and see if that helps your issue. You will need to backup your data as it will erase all data saved on the device.
Userlevel 2
Mathieu wrote:

If it's still doing it Ricardo and Steve, try performing a factory restore on the phone and see i...

The thing is I'm still under my 15 day exchange or return policy so I really don't want to play around with this phone to much because the 15 day is coming up.
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

If it's still doing it Ricardo and Steve, try performing a factory restore on the phone and see i...

Well, if you want to resolve the problem I gave you a possible solution. Doing a factory restore won't stop you from being able to return/exchange the phone if it is in fact defective.
Userlevel 5
Mathieu wrote:

I'm in a month,still under warantee. I'll try factory reboot, gives me a 99% chance, for success
Userlevel 2
Mathieu wrote:

I thought koodo only gives 15 days ?
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

waranty = 1 year return policy = 15 days. two different things
Userlevel 2
Mathieu wrote:

How can he only have 1 month remaing if the 3g moto just came out in July ?
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

I think he meant he's had it for a month.
Userlevel 2
Mathieu wrote:

Do I do the factory reset in the settings menu or with the power volume thing by the way thanks for your help
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

Settings -> In one of the menus you will see Backup & Reset --> Factory Data Reset
Userlevel 2
Mathieu wrote:

Will it errase my contacts and does the phone need to be plugged in thanks.
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

As I already said: You will need to backup your data as it will erase all data saved on the device. Yes contacts is included when I mentionned data earlier on. You can synch them with your google account and that way you won't loose them. It dosn't NEED to be plugged in, but it will drain your battery doing it, so if it will be a while before the next recharge, you might want to charge it while its being done.
Userlevel 2
Mathieu wrote:

Should I have Automatic restore enabled or disabled
Userlevel 5
Mathieu wrote:

Enabled
Userlevel 2
Okay I have reset it to factory lets see how it goes from now on Hope no more reboot thanks guys
Userlevel 7
ricardo Ferreira wrote:

Okay I have reset it to factory lets see how it goes from now on Hope no more reboot thanks guys

Good luck!