Koodo Community

Community

Question

My incoming calls rarely work. Why?

I have a $40 prepaid plan, as well as 500 minutes booster talk added.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How many bars showing on your phone? Have you recently restarted your phone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Missy, are you in an area with good coverage?
Try going into your oh one's settings - More (under wireless networks area of settings) - Mobile Networks - Network Mode and change it to WCDMA ONLY and see if that helps you. You'll get slower data speeds but it's a more reliable connection.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Try going into your oh one's settings - More ...

I have 2 options on this phone:
1-4G/3G/2G auto--which I currently have selected.
2-3G/2G auto
Above my full bars of signal strength is the 3G symbol.  I'm in northern BC--Peace River region.
David wrote:

How many bars showing on your phone? Have you recently restarted your phone?

I restart my phone every day or so, and I have full bars.  I relocated to BC 5 weeks ago and changed my phone number to a local one here, and I've had several people tell me they keep getting a message saying this number is not in service (paraphrasing), and they are calling my NEW number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Select the 2g 3g auto and try that, since Koodo doesn't have 2g it will stay on 3g... See if that helps.... What oh one do you have exactly?

Also keep looking at your signal strength when going around as you can have great signal in one place and move two feet and lose all connection especially in forested areas or where his mountains are or going in a basement ect. See if it drops off in areas

I just changed it to the option you suggested.  Not sure what an 'oh' is so I can't tell you...lol.  I am in a little city with great signal everywhere and haven't gone near forests or mountains.  I am beyond frustrated as it was my birthday a couple days ago and nobody could reach me.  I also require this number for my business :(  Thanks so much for your advice---I pray it works!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sorry but should have said phone my auto correct has been messing up lately. What phone do you have exactly?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Contact Koodo. Seems like your number change has not properly populated the calling network, and your callers get the error message.

"oh one" = phone if you have fat fingers and a small keyboard!

What happens if folks try to call your old number?

I have the Huawei Honor 6 Plus.
I'm not sure what happens if they try my old number? 
I have received a few calls, but not many.  Texting seems to work fine that I know of.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Your old phone isn't on still is it? If it is try turning it off that can interfere with the port completion from my experience in the past.

I didn't change phones...just changed my number. Same SIM card.  That might be the issue?  I'm on hold with koodo right now to see if they can fix this.  I'll let you know what they say!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Nah you don't normally. We'd a new sim card if you change your number. Even out of province. Yeah they'll probably be able to sort it out

I'm still dealing with tech support.  It's been passed off to an engineer who is currently trying to figure this out.  He feels it may be because I have a number that is so new to this area that certain phone providers may not have added it to their calling capabilities which would explain why my callers with bigger providers can reach me, and those with smaller providers can't.  I just found out that the people that can't call me also haven't been able to text me.
To fix this, I may require another new phone number--which I obv don't want to go through again unless it's the last ditch effort.
Waiting.........my life away........ :)  Thanks to all of you that have taken the time to try to assist me!!  Much appreciated!!