Koodo Community

Community

Solved

my htc one v will not turn on but if i hole the power button down it will light up but that is it

my htc one v will not turn on but if i hole the power button down it will light up but that is it. it was working fine this morning and now nothing, even when i plug it in the charging light doesnt even come on.

9 replies

any one know how to fix it? cuz i can not take out the battery on this phone 😞
Badge +4
All the hype your money can by wrote:

any one know how to fix it? cuz i can not take out the battery on this phone :(

If your HTC One V becomes unresponsive or doesn't perform as expected, you can perform a hard reset to return it to a factory default state. [b]Important: A hard reset will delete your data, apps and settings. Press and hold the Volume down button, then press and hold the Power button. Keep the buttons held down until the boot menu appears. Scroll to [b]FACTORY RESET by pressing the Volume down button. Press the Power button (acts like an Enter or Return button) The phone will reset and reboot to the initial setup screen.

still not working 😞, thanks though

does the fast boot option save my files?
Userlevel 7

Your files are preserved unless you execute a factory reset.
Looks like you will need to contact technical support for a Priority replacement exchange if your phone is in the warranty period
Userlevel 2
Debby Olivier wrote:

Looks like you will need to contact technical support for a Priority replacement exchange if your...

Hey Debbie, he could also go the delayed exchange option as well 🙂. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star
Debby Olivier wrote:

Looks like you will need to contact technical support for a Priority replacement exchange if your...

thanks debby, my phone is still under warranty, and Mykec what is the delayed exchange option?
Userlevel 5
Debby Olivier wrote:

Hey Jeremy 🙂 The delayed exchange option allows customers to return their defective device and have a replacement device mailed to them. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.