Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My Galaxy S5 is linked to the secure front door of my apartment. It used to work fine but now is not working, I get a recording from Telus.

This is urgent I need to be able to buzz people into my apartment building with my phone and it is no longer working; now I get a recorded message from Telus. I need this fixed asap Please help!!!!! If I'm going to get interference from Telus maybe I should go get a plan through them?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What does the recording say?
Dennis wrote:

Hi Dennis it says that the number is a local one and does not require a 1 before it. When it worked with the old system it would show up on my phone with a 1 before it
I'm hoping that if they re-enter it without the 1 it will work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

I think that's a good idea. Let us know if removing the 1 works
Userlevel 3
How do you know that TELUS is interfering with your phone line, and not the line that your buzzer is using?
Not Jean-Pierre Blais wrote:

How do you know that TELUS is interfering with your phone line, and not the line that your buzzer...

Well I don't know much of anything at all about this system; all I know is that the message coming through the intercom speaker is from Telus.
Userlevel 4
was it working before and suddenly stop? if your apartment's enterphone is using Telus for it's phone service, you'll be getting a message form Telus, in which case, it doesn't matter who your cell phone provider is, you'll still get a message from Telus if there is a problem. moving to Telus probably won't help you. my G/F had this problem when she switch phones and found that the number that her enterphone uses was blocked by her new phone.

Jay Why wrote:

was it working before and suddenly stop? if your apartment's enterphone is using Telus for it's p...

Thanks Jay; I think you're right. I have requested that they remove and re-enter it without a 1 in front of it, even though when it used to work the number that showed up when someone buzzed me had a 1 in front. Will see.....