Koodo Community

Community

My cell phone isn't working at all

Two lines just stoped working and there were working before how do I fix this also been on hold with *611 for an hour and 20 mins

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Does your self service indicate that your account is in good standing?
How do I find that
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If your bills are up to date you should have no problem with your phones. 
Yea i left thw store and now 10 after i left store it said every thing will be on hold or shut down do to some inspection of froud . i got my contract all singed they handed me the phone it work fine till the 10 mins were up
Userlevel 6
chantell wrote:

Yea i left thw store and now 10 after i left store it said every thing will be on hold or shut do...

If there is a fraud investigation going as you stated, all you can do is wait until it's concluded.

Koodo will not be able to give you much info for security reasons.

Sorry. I know it sucks, but you can't do anything or get your service back until it's concluded.
chantell wrote:

Yea i left thw store and now 10 after i left store it said every thing will be on hold or shut do...

Really y i dont get that its not froud i gave all the id they asked pic id every thing. And i sigjnd all papers for to phones some one has to fix this
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
chantell wrote:

Did Koodo agent on phone telling you what  they were investigating? It might be the credit card that they are investigating. If you believe you are honest, just call and bring all other supporting documents to prove your identity.
chantell wrote:

Yea ita my every day debit visa and does any one no the email for thwm to send the pix of id to them
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
chantell wrote:

You could talk to some koodo agent on facebook or call them to ask for methods to prove your cards legit, ask them email specifically for your cases, you don't want to send your stuff to general emails.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
chantell wrote:

@Azure123, This is not helpful to the OP, if indeed the Fraud department has stepped in. Until they resolve the issue, other departments within Koodo have no input to the situation. All the OP can do is send the requested info, and wait.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
chantell wrote:

@david,
You are speaking like a Koodo agent, not a customer. If  customers are anxious they have all the right to speak to someone from Koodo! and that is Koodo responsibility to give the customer timeline of the investigation. When will he know the answer, and if he is dishonest, what will he do.

As a customer, we are looking for a fair treatment not a treat. It is a right from the contract.

I saw you are a Mobile master. I am not sure if you are paying for Koodo service by your money. I work hard to keep my line going. If I was cut off one day due to some strange reason, it hurts.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
chantell wrote:

@Azure123, No, I'm speaking from the experience of previous posters who have fallen into the black hole of Koodo's fraud department. I agree the frustration of a customer would be through the roof, but calling Koodo provides no solace, and only serves to increase their frustration, as no information will be released about the investigation. In fact, unless the investigation is resolved positively, Koodo does not, to my knowledge, reply at all.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
chantell wrote:

@david,
I like your response this time much better than the slamming "not helpful" before. I believe policy changes overtime, and could be based on case by case, unless you are from the inside, you will never know.

I believe what I am suggesting him is to find the date when he could get the definite answer from Koodo official rep. If it is one week then give him that answer. Right now, there was none (at least from his words). There is "no solace" in the "black hole". Only Koodo rep can answer to that question.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
chantell wrote:

@Azure123, You can keep suggesting that path, but it will not change that once an account is tagged by the Fraud Squad, no information is released. No status, no date of resolution, no information at all. Suggesting a customer call gives a false hope, and ultimately increases their frustration level.
Userlevel 7
chantell wrote:

David is speaking gospel. Until the fraud investigation is completed, there's birthing that can be done.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
chantell wrote:

@david,
Telling people to contact Koodo and get official answer is the right way.

Please don't tell people to sit  while you are not a Koodo employee.This make the situation unnecessarily frustrated. You are not helpful to customers, but to you and Koodo.

I am actually frustrated with Mobile masters, are they the "god" here. They are not Koodo employees, and cannot speak for Koodo. If Mobile Masters received perks from Koodo, they should tell who they are speaking for? customers or Koodo? Please make it clear!
Userlevel 7
chantell wrote:

Ok 😉
So you'll wait on hold for over an hour for customer service to tell you your account is under fraud investigation and nothing can be done until it's completed. Then you'll say wow, that David guy was right. I wonder what makes him tick. I wonder if he'd be interested in learning what makes me tick? I bet he'll be thinking about me. Maybe I should prove myself to him. I wonder if he likes Ghostbusters.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
chantell wrote:

@Chad Burr, so you are suggesting people to call also?
Userlevel 7
chantell wrote:

In this case no. The op has already been informed that there is an ongoing fraud investigation. Calling won't get them anywhere.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
chantell wrote:

Well, at least he could hear the voice of an actual Koodo agent, and if luckily he could know the date he gets the answer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
chantell wrote:

It's not always that simple with fraud investigations. Things are kept extremely vague on purpose and maybe it's important to you to hear a Koodo agent say "we cannot tell you anything other than do what you are advised to do." No need to be hostile to us mobile masters. We are volunteers and customers who answer questions here. We do get insider info and a direct line to reps to get answers if we don't know them. There are reps here as well but it not all hours of the day.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
chantell wrote:

I am not hostile to anyone. Actually I am trying to defending myself. David, a mobile master, came in and slammed me "you are not helpful to OP". He has been here a while, but please don't judge people intention. You guys are volunteers and I am grateful for it as a customer. Please try to be gentle to other, that was my message to David.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
chantell wrote:

I am not hostile to anyone. Actually I am trying to defending myself. David, a mobile master, came in and slammed me "you are not helpful to OP". He has been here a while, but please don't judge people intention. You guys are volunteers and I am grateful for it as a customer. Please try to be gentle to other, that was my message to David.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
chantell wrote:

Ok, with those wise words all around, let's end this discussion now shall we? I'm sure Chantell gets the gist of it now and there is no need to further discuss semantics.