Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My brand new LG G5 looks like it took a bullet for me...

Had to replace my g3 last month so I upgraded to the g5. I returned home a few days ago after an entire week in Vegas without so much as dropping it once. Because of delays and missed flights, we ended up having to travel overnight to a few different airports. I kept my phone in my neon fanny pack with only my passport and boarding pass. Went outside in Portland took it out and put it in my lap upside down and my pretty much brand new phone now looked like it had taken a bullet for me. I've been scratching my head ever since, upset that my new phone was damaged and I don't even have a hilarious story about how it happened this time like I usually do. I've done a bit of digging and apparently randomly shattering camera glass for this model isn't entirely uncommon. Had anyone else Had to replace the camera glass or have any idea what it will cost to replace?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You would have to contact LG for prices o. How much they charge to fix it. You could also try local places like Best Buy. If youre comfortable you can buy the glass from ebay for about $10 and do it yourself too.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
LG has surprisingly good repair price points. I'd probably just do it through them if you don't find a price you're happy with locally. If you're not comfortable doing it yourself as Allan said, just do it via warranty.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

LG has surprisingly good repair price points. I'd probably just do it through them if you don't f...

Cost me $180 before taxes to repair my G5 through LG directly. They have a flat rate based on the phone and it covers all repairs.