Koodo Community

Community

moto z play photo after 31 March 2017

Hi,
I got my moto z play on 1st week of March 2017. And uploaded my first photo on March 12, 2017. Till March 31 2017 it was showing under google photo > settings > backup & sync > upload size ::

Original size : the space will not count if original size uploaded from this device till March 12, 2019.

But on April 1st Original option disabled from my photo.

Promotion was :::
  • Free Google Photos storage for two years at original quality.
Anyone has any idea why original not showing. I already redeem on March 12, 2017.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi LK631, First just want to make sure your using the same Google account that you first signed into the device with when you first signed in and received the promotion right?
Yes Paul. Just one google account configured after purchase Moto Z play.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Weird. The option for original quality upload shows on my google Photo app.

Have you updated the Google Photo app lately?

Maybe try to delete the app and reinstall it

Yes, it is weird. 
I went in to Google Play > and uninstalled "Google Photos". After uninstalling it has two options:
1. Open
2. Update

When I clicked "Open" > BackUp & Sync > Upload Size > has two options:

1. High Quality (Free unlimited storage):: Great visual quality at reduced file size
2. Original (1.5 GB storage left):: Full resolution that counts against your quota.

After update Google Photo no change.

Before April 01, 
1. High Quality (Free unlimited storage):: Great visual quality at reduced file size
2. Original :: It will not counts  against your storage if upload from this devices still 12 March 2019.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
LK631 wrote:

Yes, it is weird. 
I went in to Google Play > and uninstalled "Google Photos". After unin...

For some reason this got removed from your account.
I think you will need to contact Moto or Google about this.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
LK631 wrote:

Yes, it is weird. 

What he just stated is that it's now fixed and showing properly is it not, you now have original quality unlimited until March 12 2019 which would be 2 years of free unlimited
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
LK631 wrote:

Yes, it is weird. 

That was what was showing before April.  After updating, there is no change to 

2. Original (1.5 GB storage left):: Full resolution that counts against your quota.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
LK631 wrote:

Yes, it is weird. 

My bad Dennis you are correct I read the after updating part and missed the April 1st date.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
LK631 is this exactly what your seeing under settings in the google photos app? (I've redacted my email address so ignore that fact)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

LK631 is this exactly what your seeing under settings in the google photos app? (I've redacted m...

That is what my Google photos settings looks like (with a lot less storage of course).

Paul, do you have a promo for extra drive space?  Mine is just 15GB
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

LK631 is this exactly what your seeing under settings in the google photos app? (I've redacted m...

Yeah so if the OP looks like this then your already on the original storage and it just comes up like this now as they've changed the UI not removed an option. Dennis I talked to them awhile back and wanted them to add my new device bonus storage to my old one because it didn't account for ppl who get multiple devices in a year let alone two and she asked how many devices I get in a period of time and then she said ok I'll fix it. I logged in and it was at that now.