Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Moto Z Play Connectivity

Userlevel 1
So I've had my Moto Z Play delivered as of the 21st of this month. The only problem I have with it is the WiFi connection. It will lose it sometimes and when I go into networks it keeps trying to connect, then says "authentication problem" then goes to saved and then repeats the cycle. I came across a forum outside the Koodo site that stated that the Moto Z Play had technical connectivity issues while still in beta stages. But I've seen other posts about once the phone connects something else connected on WiFi would be kicked. I saw it recommended resetting the router. I haven't because it's a new router and my old Nexus, my girlfriend's iPhone, my mom and dad's two crap phones all work perfectly. But I've been having this continuous problem with the Z Play since two days after I got it. Now just to be clear all the system updates and app updates are up to date. I don't see the need in blaming the router when every other device in the house is working better than ever. I want to know if I should complain to Koodo or if someone else may have had this problem and resolved it somehow.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Not blaming the router here, and this is just more of a suggestion but, you could go into the routers homepage and login. Then add your phone to the priority list and that can sometimes be enough to fix your problem. I access mine by typing 192.168.1.1 into a browser on my pc that is connected to the router.
Userlevel 1
Chadwick wrote:

Not blaming the router here, and this is just more of a suggestion but, you could go into the r...

I followed your instructions and I also checked the Moto site which gives some troubleshooting of its own in terms of connectivity. I'm glad to say I used the WPS pin from your advice and I haven't had the problem since *Knocks on wood*. I appreciate the help!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

Not blaming the router here, and this is just more of a suggestion but, you could go into the r...

Not a problem at all. Let us know how it goes or if you have any more questions.