Koodo Community
Question

Moto X Play new promotion

There's a new promotion for the Moto X Play (100 bonus.gift CARD or a Moto 360). I've been a new Koodo customer for 5 days  now, and I've bought the Moto X Play. However, I could only buy 100$ of accessories, so I bought 2 SD cards and 2 cases. However, the cases weren't for this cellphone, even thought the seller said they were. Plus there didn't have sd cards, so I pre-ordered some instead of getting them. Could I return all that stuff and get the 100$.gift card instead? The seller told me about a 10 days return policy for cellphones, is that accurate?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Each store chooses what the bonus.gift will be. Usually it a mix of visa.gift card and in-store accessory credit. It looks like that specific store chose to do $100 in accessories only, which I think it absolutely dumb. I'd return the cases and get something else though
Badge +4
Koodo retail partners can have varying return policies, though the 10 day return policy seems rather odd. Double check your receipt to confirm. Usually the return period is 14 days for some retailers, Koodo kiosks and many large chain retailers, 15 days as per the Wireless Code. Usage limits are also taken into consideration when returning a phone for exchange or refund, make sure you don't go over these limits.

30 minutes of talk time (local and/or long distance)
50 text messages (incoming and outgoing)
50 MB data
Userlevel 6
Koodo retail partners can have varying return policies, though the 10 day return policy seems rat...Hi there, I just want to clarify something. The usage limits have in impact on the bill, not on the return/exchange of the phone, as indicated on our website http://koo.do/Jc3k7s :)
"If your usage stays within the limits below, we’ll waive your first bill. If your usage exceeds any one of these limits, you can still return or exchange your phone but you’ll be responsible for your bill."
Thank you! 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo retail partners can have varying return policies, though the 10 day return policy seems rat...Yannick, can retail partners enforce the usage limit on the return of the phone as well?  I mean they have a 10 day instead of a 15 day return policy.  

It's weird that their return policy is more restrictive than Koodo's considering the CRTC mandates a 15 day return policy.
Userlevel 6
Koodo retail partners can have varying return policies, though the 10 day return policy seems rat...Retails partners should also follow the 15 days return policy. Here is an example with Best Buy http://koo.do/1IkPaal: "Best Buy adheres to the CRTC Wireless Code of conduct and the rights of the consumer. Subject to usage restrictions set by the carriers, cell phones may be returned within up to 15 days of the purchase date, or up to 30 days after purchase for those who have self-identified themselves as a person with a disability". 
Thank you!
Badge +4
Koodo retail partners can have varying return policies, though the 10 day return policy seems rat...Walmart also abides by the 15 day return policy. It really depends on where you shop. Staples for example, offers a 14 day return policy on their smartphones. http://bit.ly/1LEC27w. To the best of my knowledge, Staples is not affiliated with Koodo or any other carrier, so the Wireless Code and its regulations do not apply. Same goes for TigerDirect, where unlocked smartphones are deemed non-returnable. http://bit.ly/1NXTFwl What threw me off was the ten day return policy, but reading back and seeing that Loïc already had the phone for five days, essentially he would have ten days remaining to return the phone. Appreciate the earlier clarification, thank you Yannick.
Thank you very much for all your fast answers. However, my point was that the promo I'm talking about just appeared this morning and didn't exist when I bought the phone a few days ago, so it's possible the shop I went to now covers it. If it does, considering I'm within my phone return period (and a few companies have this kind of "price warrant policy", like if you find a best deal in the first month of buying we'll pay the difference" ie bestbuy), could I get that promo instead?

I hope I was clearer this time! Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thank you very much for all your fast answers. However, my point was that the promo I'm talking a...Yes you can.

But to keep things clean, I personally would return everything.  Then get the phone again as a separate transaction. This gives you a new set of return days
Thank you very much for all your fast answers. However, my point was that the promo I'm talking a...Considering the promo only applies to new clients (https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlp1/v/l/t1.0-9/11953011_10154130647078102_279105764662... Am I reading that right?), wouldn't I lose it if I return the phone and get a new one? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thank you very much for all your fast answers. However, my point was that the promo I'm talking a...I would confirm with them.  I think an experienced sales person would be able to make it work.  But confirm.  Or threaten to cancel it all (they would lose out on their commission)
Userlevel 5
Where did you purchase the phone from originally.