I've tried searching these forums and the internet, but cannot find solutions that quite match my problem. Been dealing with intermittent, but increasingly frequent issues when it comes to charging my Moto X Play. I should have suspected there would be problems at the outset when the phone came out of the box unable to start, needing a quick charge at the kiosk to do so.
A good part of the time it charges without issue. However, as the past few months have gone on, I now expect at least 1-2 issues/week to come up when charging my phone. They vary in symptoms but basically involve the phone completely crashing (to the point that I wonder if it’s bricked) when either charging or immediately after charging.
Here are a few examples (hopefully I describe these in a manner that makes sense):
- Charged phone to full, took it off charger and started using it. Within 10 minutes the phone blacked out. Could not do a hard restart or start it in restore mode. Ultimately was able to start when plugged into USB
- Similar crash, but the phone would respond to being plugged in. However, it is limited to only showing the battery icon (the one you see when it’s off but charging - just the icon, no indication of battery level) and then black out unresponsive
- Phone off and plugged into turbo charger. Will not restart. Takes unplugging/plugging a few times to get it to respond
- Had phone on turbo charger overnight and it did not charge (it recognized it was plugged in to turbocharger, but made no difference)
- Had it plugged in to turbocharger for over an hour, phone recognizes it as such, but battery level stays at 80%. Plug it into regular charger and watch battery level shoot up to full within seconds.
- Just last night had phone on standard charger. Went to bed at it at around 80% (and on), woke up this morning to seeing the charging screen on (no indication of battery level). Unplug/Plugin and find it almost completely drained (3%)
Any advice appreciated.