Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Moto G4 Plus and Nougat Update

Userlevel 2
Nougat for Android was suppose to roll out Feb 11th for the Moto G4 Plus for Koodo but I haven't see the update roll out as of yet, has anyone yet received the update in Canada; Im in Nova Scotia is its passed 6pm and still nothing as of yet.

28 replies

Userlevel 1
I'm in Ontario and it's 6:40 pm and no 7.0 update yet as promised by koodo
Userlevel 2
Terri Stiles wrote:

I was given this by Koodo on Twitter and it doesnt say until the 15th of Feb not the 11th =( https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/upcoming-software-updates 
Userlevel 1
Terri Stiles wrote:

Oh ok well guess gotta wait then
Userlevel 2
Terri Stiles wrote:

yuuuup
Userlevel 1
Terri Stiles wrote:

Shitty deal
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Terri Stiles wrote:

Ummmm..... it does not roll out to all phones at the same time, nor necessarily even the same day, but in waves.

Patience, Grasshopper.

Userlevel 1
Terri Stiles wrote:

Thought just the Moto g4 plus this time around tired of waiting lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Terri Stiles wrote:

Different phones take longer to get updates. The LG G5 has had the update for a couple months now, the samsung s7 wont get it for awhile. Something to look into when you get your next phone. For example all google devices generally get updates first.
Userlevel 1
Terri Stiles wrote:

Yea I guess I will cause I'd really like to get using. The update been looking for ward to it . But my daughter has the lg g5
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Terri Stiles wrote:

You can always switch out phones with your daughter until the update comes for your phone! Im sure you can bribe her into it
Userlevel 1
Terri Stiles wrote:

Lol she's 20 years old don't think I could bribe her lol
Terri Stiles wrote:

Don't do it! I updated my software and now any contacts or newer contacts that I saved won't stay saved!!! I HATE it!!!!!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Terri Stiles wrote:

First, try not to revive old threads. Second, I wouldn't suggest telling everyone not to download an update because you are having trouble with it. Third, lets try to fix your problem...
Do you have Sync on for your contacts?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The update isn't scheduled till February 15th not the 11th. It's taken long because it's not a flagship device like the G5, companies always update their high end phones first and work down from there so if you want updates faster then the next phone you purchase should be the companies high end device.https://community.koodomobile.com/koo...
Userlevel 2
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

The update isn't scheduled till February 15th not the 11th. It's taken long because it's not a fl...

actually my friend has a samsung galaxy s7 and has yet to get the update, isnt that considered a "high-end" android phone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The update isn't scheduled till February 15th not the 11th. It's taken long because it's not a fl...

I would consider it one but samsung is really behind on the nougat update for whatever reasons they have
Userlevel 1

I'm starting to doubt the date of the roll out update for Moto g4 plus I'll believe it if I see the notification on my phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The update isn't set until the 15th and it may take a couple days to get to you. You should have it by the end of this week!
Userlevel 1

Ok well I'm looking forward to it then
Userlevel 6

That's awesome that Moto G4 Plus getting Nougat tomorrow. I know the retail version has had it for a while now. Any word on Moto Z Play getting Nougat, especially now that retail variants of the phone in India and Brazil now got the Nougat update?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Nothing on the Koodo website. Reports are saying the unlocked Moto Z Play will get it sometime in March but you know how updates go...
Userlevel 1

Has the update actually rolled out now or is there going to be another date released for Moto g4 plus . Don't wanna wait no more like geez ppl
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The release date is still said for today so it most likely is being released today. Like i said though, the update can take a couple days to be pushed out to all of the phones. I had to wait for the Nougat update on my G5 thinking it would be out earlier than it was. I agree, waiting sucks. You could start a new thread if you'd like asking if anyone has received it yet!
Userlevel 1

Thank you think I will

I just got it. Check for it.