Koodo Community

Community

moto g4 play: bluetooth connected : when i say "call Someone" I get a reply saying can't reach google at the moment

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Is your data turned on? Okay Google features require a data connection.
I used my Bluetooth many times before and never had data on all android phones . a phone. Should never use data .
Userlevel 7
Allan Rudolf wrote:

I used my Bluetooth many times before and never had data on all android phones . a phone. Shoul...

Allan, in order for Google to translate what you're saying, data needs to be on. Some older phones had built in voice controls instead of relying on Google but some phones don't. My guess is your phone doesn't. So if you want to use voice commands like that, you'll indeed need to have data on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan Rudolf wrote:

I used my Bluetooth many times before and never had data on all android phones . a phone. Shoul...

The move to a voice assistant (Siri, Google Assistant, Cortana, etc) requires an Internet connection as@Chad states. At the time of installing these new utilities, the old, simple voice recognition was dropped from the phone. You can test this by connecting to Wi-Fi and see it work, and then disconnect from all internet connectivity, and see it not work.