Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Moto g3 feeling slow

Userlevel 2
I have had the moto g3 for abouta week and almost full memory 325 MB remaining in memory from 8GB and now I feel the slow got slower when closing apps going to home page and home page widgets don't show up right away but it doesn't do that all the time. Can it be a app I downloaded or just because I have almost used up my 8GB memory.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
If the device allows you to use a SD card I'd suggest you get one and move as many apps as possible to it. Android gets wonky when storage space gets low.
Userlevel 2
Oh okay which brand would you recommend ?
Userlevel 7
ricardo Ferreira wrote:

Oh okay which brand would you recommend ?

Just avoid off brands Lexar, Kingston, PNY, SanDisk should all be fine. Class 10 or ultra speed.
Userlevel 2
I always thought its the ram controls speed of phone not memory
Userlevel 2
Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Yes RAM helps with opening apps/multitasking, but if your storage gets closer to full, it can also affect performance. You might want to get a microsd card to put your larger apps onto or pictures/video because the file sizes will be on the medium/larger size with its 13 MP camera.
Userlevel 2
Bestbuy mobility is selling lexar 32 Gb for 23 bucks then sandiisk is selling there 32 Gb for 40 bucks. How good are the lexar brand the guys in best buy say there not good