Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Moto G wont turn on

Userlevel 2
So last night i was at 51% battery with my moto g and decided not to charge it and see if i could go 2 days on one charge. The next day i make it home fine with a small amount of power. i put my phone down and went to check it an hour later and just as i unlocked it it died. All that's fine and dandy, but now i cant turn it on 😕 I've tried an ac wall adapter and even plugged it into my computer. the only sign of life i had was when i plugged it into my PC and the light started blinking. but now its not doing anything. Please help I love my phone

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Here is what we will try You will need: a timer Plug the Moto G into a wall charger, use a different cable then the one it came with as that might be part of your problem Set the timer for 2.5 minutes & start the timer Press and hold power and volume down for more than 2 minutes. Release both You'll see the fast boot menu Using the power down key, scroll to normal powerup Press the volume up key. Let me know
Chad Burr wrote:

Here is what we will try You will need: a timer Plug the Moto G into a wall charger, use ...

My phone just wouldn't turn on, even though it was at 98% charge. Thanks for this! It worked.
Userlevel 2
Thanks for the speedy reply. I did what you said and when i hit the 2 minute mark the notification led came on. nothing happened for 1 minute and then i got the "charge screen" (all white with battery) showing 0% Nothing is showing on the screen now so i think its actually charging. Ill attempt a boot in a few minutes and comment as to how I make out.
Userlevel 7
Okay. I'll be here...waiting
Chad Burr wrote:

my moto g wont boot
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Did you read and follow the steps in this thread burgz?
Userlevel 2
Yes! Ah, thank you so much for the help. My phone just booted. Really appreciate it.
Userlevel 7
Graham MacCara wrote:

Yes! Ah, thank you so much for the help. My phone just booted. Really appreciate it.

Yay!
Graham MacCara wrote:

Craziest damn thing I've ever had to deal with lol. Thanks for you post guys. I just had to follow your instructions, and yes, my phone is charging now. I hope the Moto X, that should be here Monday, doesn't have the same issues.