Koodo Community
Question

Moto G wont turn on

• 29 April 2014
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
So last night i was at 51% battery with my moto g and decided not to charge it and see if i could go 2 days on one charge. The next day i make it home fine with a small amount of power. i put my phone down and went to check it an hour later and just as i unlocked it it died. All that's fine and dandy, but now i cant turn it on 😕 I've tried an ac wall adapter and even plugged it into my computer. the only sign of life i had was when i plugged it into my PC and the light started blinking. but now its not doing anything. Please help I love my phone

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Here is what we will try You will need: a timer Plug the Moto G into a wall charger, use a different cable then the one it came with as that might be part of your problem Set the timer for 2.5 minutes & start the timer Press and hold power and volume down for more than 2 minutes. Release both You'll see the fast boot menu Using the power down key, scroll to normal powerup Press the volume up key. Let me know
Here is what we will try You will need: a timer Plug the Moto G into a wall charger, use ...My phone just wouldn't turn on, even though it was at 98% charge. Thanks for this! It worked.
Userlevel 2
Thanks for the speedy reply. I did what you said and when i hit the 2 minute mark the notification led came on. nothing happened for 1 minute and then i got the "charge screen" (all white with battery) showing 0% Nothing is showing on the screen now so i think its actually charging. Ill attempt a boot in a few minutes and comment as to how I make out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Okay. I'll be here...waiting
Okay. I'll be here...waitingmy moto g wont boot
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Okay. I'll be here...waitingDid you read and follow the steps in this thread burgz?
Userlevel 2
Yes! Ah, thank you so much for the help. My phone just booted. Really appreciate it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes! Ah, thank you so much for the help. My phone just booted. Really appreciate it. Yay!
Yes! Ah, thank you so much for the help. My phone just booted. Really appreciate it. Craziest damn thing I've ever had to deal with lol. Thanks for you post guys. I just had to follow your instructions, and yes, my phone is charging now. I hope the Moto X, that should be here Monday, doesn't have the same issues.