Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Moto G won't charge or boot up

Bought Moto G. And not even a month later phone won't charge or boot up. Sent it in for warranty and was told no warranty on phone cause circuit board is damaged. Koodo can not tell me what was wrong with the phone. And will not let me contact Motorola. Been getting the run around. Now I'm out a phone and no help. What should I do? Also tried chargers. And fast boot screen doesn't load

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo cannot stop you from contacting Motorola. They are not, however, required to connect you to Motorola. Also, why is this posted in the ideas section?
Clicked on support community from app and posted from there. How am I suppost to find out which Motorola repair shop this went to so I can try and find there phone number. Koodo told me there not allowed to divulge any info on my phone repair
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you were told that the phone was out of warranty and refused the quote for repair the phone would be returned to you, less a $25 evaluation fee. Customers cannot contact the repair centre directly as their job is to repair phones, not talk to customers. Once your phone is returned, however, you can feel free to contact Motorola directly via their customer support line.
Didn't get charged fee and phone was in warranty when it went in. Then Motorola decided it was out of warranty due to physical. Light scratches on screen nothing major phone is only three and a half weeks old. I dunno what info Motorola would need when I call in. And dunno how to go about getting there number
Userlevel 7
kurtis kreger wrote:

Didn't get charged fee and phone was in warranty when it went in. Then Motorola decided it was o...

Google is your friend:

http://www.motorola.ca/consumers/contact-motorola/Contact_Us-Corporate/Contact_Us-Corporate.html

kurtis kreger wrote:

Didn't get charged fee and phone was in warranty when it went in. Then Motorola decided it was o...

Thank you
Userlevel 1
kurtis kreger wrote:

Did they say what caused the circuit board damage?
kurtis kreger wrote:

Nope. Usually they say water damage or Something like that. But they just said circuit board was was damaged and they they want 210 bucks to fix it when a new one is cheaper
Userlevel 1
kurtis kreger wrote:

You should have asked, "what do mean damaged, damaged how?" For all we know it could be cracked and a manufacturer defect, since you cannot crack the board, without considerable damage to outside of phone.
kurtis kreger wrote:

I did. Koodo said that's all they could tell me. They even said they were calling back Motorola to ask them what what was wrong. Never heard back. Talked to a manager at a Koodo kiosk they said this isn't right either.
kurtis kreger wrote:

Oh look i called Motorola and they said they couldn't give me any info on my phone repair cause I sent it in in through my Carrier. So thanks for the dead end
Userlevel 1
kurtis kreger wrote:

Ya you see something wrong here, when you DONT get a description of damage. Glad to hear, but not surprised, that Koodo has your back on this, with their follow up. Don't be surprised if they send it back for you, with reworded complaint. I've seen that done, for person ahead of me in line up.
Userlevel 1
kurtis kreger wrote:

Motorola punishing a Koodo Customer now?
They don't tell Koodo and they don't tell you, because you went through Koodo, which is Koodo Practice, which I assume is Koodo Policy?
If I was you, I would EMAIL Koodo and explain NICELY, and in detail, what has happened so far to date. I think a call from Koodo Head Office to Motorola, will find answers and a solution for you, quickly.
Its appears Motorola snow balled the Koodo rep that sent out your phone, only to get it back without details of damage.
And this forum is about helping people with SUGGESTIONS that HELP SOLVE issues as best they can.
But clearly YOUR ISSUE is one that needs help to resolve now, from Head Office because of Motorolas behavior, not because of the people here that tried to help you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
http://bit.ly/1dVzdbo
Userlevel 7
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

http://bit.ly/1dVzdbo

FINALLY BEAT YOU
Was also asking dunno what's going on with Motorola. I know they have been sold to Lenovo. But yah they should still have customer service. Your right.
Userlevel 7
kurtis kreger wrote:

Was also asking dunno what's going on with Motorola. I know they have been sold to Lenovo. But ...

For now, Motorola is still Motorola, that deal hasn't been approved yet. Besides that even if they were sold tomorrow it wouldn't have any impact on your warranty status
So simple to fix... No code, no koodo or any supplier's help... Here goes, let your phone alone, unplugged to any wire or cable of sorts, let it alone for a couple of hours, more two than one, than plug cable and when you see the battery appear, leave the phone alone, it's charging, a few minutes later you'll see the start up screen and the phone is back in business, good phone crapy service from both supplier and motorola....
Userlevel 7
Jean Jacques Duguay wrote:

So simple to fix... No code, no koodo or any supplier's help... Here goes, let your phone alone, ...

Or.... Set a timer for 2.5 minutes Press and hold power and volume down Start timer After 2.5 minutes release both buttons Use the volume down key to scroll to normal boot Press volume up Motorola is aware of this issue and posted this work around. https://forums.motorola.com/posts/3d5eadc25d
I bought my son a Moto G. He treats his electronics like gold. I'm very proud of him. Anyway, he had it for just over a month and the battery charge started acting wonky. It should low battery and he charged it. It jumped to 100% and then went dead. The LED still works though. He's tried charging it numerous times. I then took it in and Koodo sent it out. It came back and the Telus repair people said it was not under warranty as it was water damaged. I was livid as this purely was not the case. It had been dry here since getting the phone and we've not been near water. My son has not dropped it in water and the phone is in pristine condition. My kids all know to tell me if there's a problem as they know if they don't they'll get in trouble. I was very angry as when I picked up the phone it was from the same Koodo rep (who was a trainee when I dropped it off) as when I dropped it off. Both times hie insinuated that we were to blame. When we dropped it off he asked if we dropped it (which is a standard question) but it was the manner in which he did so. The manager came over and told him to just send it in. He was quite arrogant when I picked it up and offered no suggestions on how to proceed. What made matters worse was the loaner phone that they gave us stopped working the morning that I picked up the Moto G. It was working the night before, as they called my son on it to say his phone was back. My son uses the phone primarily to listen to podcasts, surf the web. Koodo also said they had called a few days before to say his phone was back. But they didn't. He never spoke to anyone and they did not leave a message. There is no history of them calling. If they had then I could have returned the loaner in working condition. This sales rep said that because the loaner wasn't working that that was reason enough to believe the problem with the Moto G was indeed our fault. This angered me beyond believe. I told him I"d pull the 4 phones I have attached to the account and go elsewhere. I'm really starting to wonder about Androids, as other Androids we've had have all had problems which have required times going in. I've had my Iphone for almost 3 years and use it alot. It has never been in and I've never had a problem. So apart from my rant about Koodo and they're poor service, does anyone have a suggestion as to why this 1 month old phone stopped working, won't charge and the LED is on when it is trying to charge. I will call Koodo in the next day once my anger level goes down.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There are several stickers inside the phone which turn from white to red when exposed to moisture of any kind. If the manufacturer opens the phone and sees that the stickers have changed colour the warranty is void. Nothing to do with koodo.
I wish you can read french, what follows has nothing to do with your phone, but i'm sure it can be related. So if I were you I'd get this translated Nataly Ohana l'a dit et redit au préposé de la boutique Apple de Montréal, en 2009: son iPod Touch n'avait pas été en contact avec du liquide. Mais comme un indicateur sur son appareil indiquait le contraire, on ne l'a pas crue. Et on a refusé de le réparer ou de le remplacer sans pousser les recherches plus loin. Or, il a été découvert plus tard que les indicateurs de contact avec un liquide - ces dispositifs qui passent du blanc au rose ou au rouge si l'appareil a été endommagé par un liquide - sont susceptibles d'être déclenchés par l'humidité ou les changements de température, entre autres, souligne-t-on dans une demande de recours collectif déposée en Cour supérieure du Québec. La juge Lucie Fournier entendra à compter du 8 septembre prochain cette requête déposée par le cabinet d'avocat montréalais Lex Group, qui concerne les appareils iPhone, iPhone 3G et iPhone 3GS ainsi que les iPod Touch, iPod Touch de 2e génération et iPod Touch de 3e génération. «Les employés d'Apple avaient reçu la consigne de refuser d'honorer la garantie de réparation ou de remplacement aux clients (...) dont l'indicateur était passé au rose ou au rouge», peut-on lire dans les documents présentés devant le tribunal. «Cependant, contrairement à ce qu'Apple soutenait auprès de ses clients, Apple était au courant que l'on ne pouvait se fier uniquement aux indicateurs de contact avec un liquide pour déterminer avec certitude que (les appareils) avaient été exposés (...) à un liquide», poursuit-on dans le document de 23 pages. À la lumière de cette découverte, le géant informatique a discrètement modifié sa politique, qui était en vigueur avant le 31 décembre 2009 pour les iPhone, et le ou avant le 30 juin 2010 pour les iPod Touch.