Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Moto G unlocked?

Is the Moto G from Telus unlocked?

20 replies

Userlevel 3
Yes http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/13/5096680/motorola-moto-g-announced-price-availability
Userlevel 7
Um no it isn't. I just tested a Bell SIM and it asked for an MEP code.
Userlevel 4
You should ask Telus. This is Koodo.
Userlevel 1
People for some reason made the jump from Motorola selling it unlocked (which makes sense) to carriers doing the same (which doesn't make as much sense). It's no different than buying an iPhone or Sony phone from the source as opposed to carriers.
Userlevel 7
Humberto Giambrone wrote:

People for some reason made the jump from Motorola selling it unlocked (which makes sense) to car...

I think they may have made the assumption because it's a Google product. That's why I thought it might be anyway.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Humberto Giambrone wrote:

People for some reason made the jump from Motorola selling it unlocked (which makes sense) to car...

Probably because Motorola is a Google Company now and Google sells the Nexus line unlocked direct and from Carriers so one would think they would do the same with the Moto G after announcing it would be unlocked and not specifying it was only direct during the launch event presentation.
Userlevel 6
the Moto G is not unlocked
Why moto G not unlocked ? Motorola tell phone is "world" not lock and contract ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Khanh wrote:

Why moto G not unlocked ? Motorola tell phone is "world" not lock and contract ?

That's probably the version Motorola sells directly, as explained above. If you truly want an unlocked phone, go with the Nexus 5 🙂
Khanh wrote:

So nexus 4 still world phone ? buy in carrier
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Khanh wrote:

Yes, the Nexus 4 is unlocked as well and afaik, Koodo is still selling it 🙂
Userlevel 6
Khanh wrote:

World phone means that the phone can work in most LTE/4G/HSPA bands around the world. This does not mean that it is unlocked.
Userlevel 7
Khanh wrote:

Moto G is also not LTE
Khanh wrote:

@Erwin : so MOTO G it still work when i have change sim of other carrier ?
Userlevel 6
Khanh wrote:

Hi Khanh, no it is still locked to Koodo but when you unlocked it, you can use the phone in most places in the world that uses 4G or HSPA or 3G.
Khanh wrote:

When i buy phone in koodo shop i can tell seller unlock for me ? so i have lose fee for unlock ? That's noob question
Userlevel 6
Khanh wrote:

Yes, you can buy the phone outright and you will have to call customer service to get the phone unlocked for $50.
Khanh wrote:

Yes thanks you 🙂
Userlevel 7
Khanh wrote:

Or go to cellunlocker.net. Probably a lot cheaper.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
account wrote:

Do you want to remove carrier lock from your Motorola G ? If yes, use Motorola Special Unlocking ...

Do not use the Above Service people /\/\