Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Moto G thinks I'm pressing buttons I'm not!

My Moto G thinks that buttons are being pushed when they aren't! It keeps opening the top menu when I'm using it, and when I take pictures, it takes multiple pictures instead of just one (85 last time). Could it be a broken screen, or a virus? Something else?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you using a screen protector or otherwise a case, Kristi? I once had that problem with another phone, and it turned out the case was pushing down on the side of the screen, causing all kinds of crazy effects like you just mentioned.
I thought that too, so I took off the case, and it's still going crazy.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kristi Renout wrote:

Aye, might be something pressing from the inside or so... is it still under warranty? I guess you could send it in for repair if that is the case. I don't really think it's a software problem though you could try to factory reset it, and see if the problem persists.
Kristi Renout wrote:

My daughter has complained to our local koodo kiosk, and twice has sent in her Moto G for repaired, both times explaining that it ghost clicks, freezes, brings down status bar and freezes like this. Not long ago it shut off and we could not get it to turn on, so the kiosk told us to send it in for repair. They fixed the on/off thing, but at all to this day no one has worked on the issue that I mentioned before. Any help or advice would be great. We are seriously considering just demanding a phone of equal value with no hit to her tab as this has gone on for 4 months, with 2 returns under warranty.....
Userlevel 7
Kristi Renout wrote:

I can't answer for the Ghost clicks but the not being able to turn it back on is a known issue with the Moto G. Motorola  even posted a workaround. https://forums.motorola.com/posts/3d5eadc25d
Kristi Renout wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply Chad. Hopefully soon her tab will down enough that she can get a S3 which she had as a loner, and loved it!