Koodo Community

Community

Solved

moto g problems

I have the moto g .Changed Sim after KitKat update because of dialer issue. Now suddenly cannot make calls (drops before connecting) and text messages fail to go through. Happens for about half an hour to an hour then starts working. Display shows that I have two to full bars. Eventually I will get a notification that says that I am not on any network. A few minutes after this it starts to work again. I see same problems in European forums for Moto G . Other than this I love the phone

15 replies

Userlevel 7
On those forums, is there a solution posted?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you tried turning the phone off and removing the SIM Card and then replacing it and trying the phone again. It sounds like the SIM Card may not be making connection with the conntacts of the phone properly.
Userlevel 7
Should I consider myself fortunate to not have any issues with my Moto G at all? No dialer issue after Kitkat, no bad SIM card or reception issues, no WiFi not connecting issues, nothing at all. It's such a solid performer for the price range. I'm still impressed with it.
Last week I was dropping calls like crazy, then totally lost all ability to dial out. A notification came up that said " no Sim" . I took it apart and Sim had fallen out. This problem is different. The bars say that I have good reception but it won't dial out or send text messages. I rechecked the Motorola forums again and my problem is a little different. Looking at my Sim card holder, it seems that it doesn't hold the Sim very well. It seems that is not very rigid. Is this the way it should be? This dialing issue has happened every day for an hour or so. Now it is happening twice a day. I took a look at Sim card and it is connected but it doesn't seem firm. Maybe that is the issue
Luke Bagu wrote:

Last week I was dropping calls like crazy, then totally lost all ability to dial out. A notificat...

I am having the same issues with my Moto G. Was your problem resolved?
I should say that I love my Moto G. The reception is a lot better than my Nexus 4( which I dropped and broke). Places that I had no reception before I have two to three bars. Its ringer is so loud I can hear it over loud power tools while the phone is in my jacket in another room. Best phone ever. It just quits connecting calls and text messages while it says I have lots of reception. This only happens intermittently but is annoying.
Userlevel 7
Luke Bagu wrote:

I should say that I love my Moto G. The reception is a lot better than my Nexus 4( which I droppe...

It is pretty loud, I must say. Smartphones generally aren't these days, so it was refreshing to hear the Moto G from quite a distance.
Userlevel 7
Luke Bagu wrote:

I should say that I love my Moto G. The reception is a lot better than my Nexus 4( which I droppe...

I must say that even though I have an S4 and Z10 that I'm currently using. the Moto G just seems to always find its way back into my paws
Userlevel 7
Luke Bagu wrote:

Yup. It hits all the right areas. Good enough sized screen but comfortable for one hand, good display resolution, loud speaker, performance is almost on par with flagships. Camera and storage notwithstanding, this phone is perfect for the price.
Userlevel 7
If you're within 15 days, go get a new one from the place you got it from please. That is not normal. Mine clicks in fine and I don't have any issues. If you're outside of your 15-day return window but within 30 days of purchase, you can request something called a DOA exchange from the place, too. This will get you a new Moto G as well, but it will involve the rep calling their channel support to revert your Tab back and then reapplying it for the new phone. If you're past 30 days then you still have warranty! They'll have to send out your phone for repair, which could take 1, maybe 2 weeks.
I tried cleaning up Sim. See what this does. Think I will call rep at store . she seemed pretty good. Forgot to add that I was getting by he original dialler issue back occasionally also. Where it would not hang up and would have to power off. It just did it a minute ago. Maybe its just a bad Sim. Unfortunately I live over an hour away from store
Just checked. I am two days past 30 days
Userlevel 7
Luke Bagu wrote:

Just checked. I am two days past 30 days

Yeah it could be the SIM card but if it's loose then that's not really the card itself, that's the tray/connector. If it persists and you don't want to go back to the store, you should call customer service and ask for an exchange through mail. I believe there's a priority exchange option for $25. They mail you the new phone and then you send the old one back.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Update was just pushed out today to the Moto G that fixes all the issues ppl have reported in this forum, do head into the settings and check for the update if you haven't been notified yet.
thanks