Koodo Community

Community

moto g phone - incoming calls go to voicemail

I have a moto g and incoming calls just go straight to voicemail. Outgoung calls work fine. I've tried a network reset and swapping to another sim card (have 2 phones with koodo), same problem on either card.

12 replies

So 2 questions: (a) what do I do next,  and (b) if the answer to "what do I do next" is factory reset the phone - how do I backup/tell if it has backed up successfully?  I found an online article about how to backup, but most of the options it references dont' seem to exist on this moto g.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jacob wrote:

So 2 questions: (a) what do I do next,  and (b) if the answer to "what do I do next" is fact...

Before a factory reset, I would try to reset network settings, turn on airplane mode for 1 minutes then off, and see if they help.

The backup question for android world is a nightmare, There are google apps to backup your contacts, photos. You would have to search moto support for backup softwares, or use third party apps.

Jacob wrote:

So 2 questions: (a) what do I do next,  and (b) if the answer to "what do I do next" is fact...

Yeah - already tried the network settings - I'll try airplane mode now.
Jacob wrote:

no joy.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jacob wrote:

I guess the factory reset is the last option then, just try to backup as much as you could. MotoG don't have much storage space, so it wouldn't be big burden. Still I am not sure how to backup the sms and phone log with moto G.
Jacob wrote:

k - I will work on that in the morning - BTW tried a system upgrade just in case - no joy.

I'm currently having similar issues on 2 different lines with new iphones. Haven't tried with old ones yet. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Shaun wrote:

I'm currently having similar issues on 2 different lines with new iphones. Haven't tried with old...

When my iphone had troubles with incoming calls, I often performed "hard reset" on it. It did help. (for iphone 7, hold the power button and volume down at the same time until the screen goes black and  white with apple logo again)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So another SIM card in the phone does the same thing...Hmm. Did you guy recently transfer lines?
Nope - had the phone for many months.  Was a new phone/new number from Kudo when.
Userlevel 7
Jacob wrote:

Nope - had the phone for many months.  Was a new phone/new number from Kudo when.

Make sure call blocking / barring isn't turned on.
Jacob wrote:

hmm .. I found a do-not-disturb setting (which I think I've turned off) and a call forwarding (which I have definitely turned off) I don't think I've got call blocking on.  According to http://www.mobiany.com/how-to-block-or-unblock-calls-from-a-number-on-motorola-moto-g.html If a call is blocked, I should get a message to that effect - which I haven't received.  What is call barring?