Koodo Community

Community

Solved

moto g phone I took the back cover off now it wont even charge?

ok so my battery died on me.. and I go to take off the back cover cause a friend of mine had a Motorola cell was going to swap batteries for a moment... realized mine wasn't removeable... but nonetheless.. once I put the cover back on.. it wont charge... wont turn on... nodda...

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Moto G phones has the battery built in. Since the hardware was tampered with this voids your warranty and charges may apply if you take it in for repair.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Moto G phones has the battery built in. Since the hardware was tampered with this voids your warr...

Taking off the back cover does not void the warranty, in fact it is necessary to be able to insert the SIM card. Phira didn't mention tampering with anything else, so I can only assume it is still under full warranty 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How long have you tried to charge it for? If the battery was completely dead some phones can take up to 20 min of charging before the screen will even turn on to show the charge level.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

How long have you tried to charge it for? If the battery was completely dead some phones can tak...

I've even had some phones take close to an hour to recover from a fully drained battery.
I have to imagine you wrenched on the charging port by accident when you used the charging port hole to pry the back off. I just swapped shells, and was very careful removing the back, as I thought this might be an issue. Basically you bent, or damaged the charging port, and it needs to be sent away for repairs. Stupid design by Motorola, and asking for problems. Lucky I saw the potential issue before I did it to mine.