Koodo Community

Community

Solved

moto g not connecting to WiFi or sending/receiving picture messages

Userlevel 7
If you have data disabled, that is why you can't send/receive picture messages. Data must be enabled in order to send and receive picture messages.

25 replies

Moto G phone less than 2 months old will not connect to WiFi. Already reset my internet modem, resubmitted all pass codes, turned phone off, WiFi off and back on still showing "failed to connect to WiFi network" Also I can send/receive text messages and phone calls but cannot send or receive picture/video msgs. Very frustrated!!!
My data is the only thing that is working on my phone. And thank you for only responding to half of my issue. My main problem is the phone will not connect to any WiFi networks. Not sending/receiving picture/video messages is just icing on the cake. Please go back and re-read my original message and pay attention this time. I don't feel like re-explaining my issue.
Userlevel 4
Kristen Black wrote:

My data is the only thing that is working on my phone. And thank you for only responding to half ...

Sarcasm isn't appreciate here, by the way...
Userlevel 7
Hi kristen check out rikkster's answer on MAC filtering in this link as it could maybe fix your wifi issue, http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/wifi_problems_with_moto_g As for the picture messages, what Ahmad said is true. When did you get this picture message error and see if it works now. 🙂
I already did this when I first got my phone less than 2 months ago. It has worked up until this point on my home WiFi network as well as any other networks. Now when I attempt to connect it shows "Failed to connect to network" (I would send an attached photo however as you are aware I cannot send/receive pictures any longer) All other devices will connect to my WiFi and have had no issues except for the past 2 days now my phone no longer connects. As for my picture messages I have my data turned on and have double checked all settings to ensure everything is enabled, still no luck.
Userlevel 7
Kristen Black wrote:

I already did this when I first got my phone less than 2 months ago. It has worked up until this ...

at this point I would think something is wrong with your phone. It is still covered by your warranty since it's only been 2 months. Could you tell me what version of android you are currently on as they're might be a bug of some sort. Thanks 🙂
I am on android version 4.4.2 . At this point I'm prepared to give the phone back and cancel my services. As a new customer this kind of experience has left a very bad taste in my mouth. It is a huge inconvience for me to return to the store, backup all my contacts pictures and files, get a loaner phone have to restore all my information on that, wait for this phone to be repaired or replaced and then restore my information again once I get it back. For a phone that is less than 2 months old I should not be having these issues. Its easy for you to say that you'll "take care of it" when I'm the one who has to do the majority of the work and you're not inconvienced in anyway. I should receive a new phone right away without questions asked. If this is how you're going to treat new customers when you obviously sold me a defective phone I'm not sure if I even want to continue business with you and this is certainly something I will voice to anyone who might be considering doing business with you as well.
Kristen Black wrote:

I am on android version 4.4.2 . At this point I'm prepared to give the phone back and cancel my ...

A bit much for a simple wifi issue, no?
Kristen Black wrote:

I am on android version 4.4.2 . At this point I'm prepared to give the phone back and cancel my ...

I agree! Wow! I love see my moto g. Best phone ever!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You realize that this is a public forum and not a direct line to Koodo, right? These other people trying to help you? The ones you are making snarky comments to? They are other customers like yourself taking time out of their own day to try and help fix your problem. Please try to at least be civil.
Considering the situation I have been more than civil. Believe me I have a few more choice words that I've refrained from using. As stated in my initial post I am beyond frustrated at this point. Perhaps you should put yourself in someone else's position before you decide who's being "snarky". I am currently over 7 months pregnant and bed ridden for health reasons. My phone is my only life line to my family and doctors. When its not functioning after less that 2 months of use when I have done nothing but treat my phone with the utmost care one should understand my frustration at this point. But for me to just bring back the phone for warranty is not as easy on option as one may think it is. Again try to think and put yourself in someone else position. I was not aware that this was a public and not a direct forum and I apologize. Based on the responses I believed that I was speaking to reps from Koodo. Again I apologize for my error I am trying to be as patient and understanding as possible but at this point I am so frustrated, annoyed and disappointed I don't know what to do.
Kristen Black wrote:

Considering the situation I have been more than civil. Believe me I have a few more choice words ...

You are still being rude to the wrong people! Apologize and don't ask anyone here for help again! I understand being frustrated but you need a lesson in manor's!
Userlevel 3
Kristen Black wrote:

Considering the situation I have been more than civil. Believe me I have a few more choice words ...

Hey Adam, 

While we appreciate our customers' feedback and respect your opinions, please don't revive a thread that has been closed for almost half a year. We would be more than happy to answer to any inquiry you may have in a new thread.

Many thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Your phone may be your only lifeline to family and doctors, but by your own statements voice and text service are both working normally. It would appear that 3G data is working as well, since you only mention wifi in your initial post. I understand that you are frustrated but being far less impolite than you could have been is still a far cry from actually being polite.
Userlevel 1
I've always found "Wifi Manager" from the market necessary when you are connecting to multiple Wifi networks with multiple passwords and it gives you better visibility as to what the phone is doing with regard to Wifi. Might be worth a try.
Userlevel 7
Okay, it's not Koodo's fault that the phone may or may not be defective. They didn't make the hardware. My Moto G works just fine on WiFi so if you're having issues after all of the suggestions offered, then I would still send it away. If you don't want to wait for your phone to come back at a store, then calmly explain the issue to customer service over the phone and you can request a priority exchange for $25. They'll ship you a new Moto G and then you can send the old one back with the mailer they will supply to you.
Badge +4
Depending on what type of internet modem you use, it's possible that as a result of resetting the modem, the MAC address filter may have reverted back to 'off' mode, as opposed to 'enabled' and is preventing your Moto G from connecting. Get into the wireless settings of your internet modem (use any browser and enter the internet modems' IP address) (e.g. 192.168.x.x) and verify that the Moto G's Wi-Fi MAC address is intact, if the Moto G's Wi-Fi MAC address is not visible, you will need to follow the instructions in my post on how to setup your router and Moto G to use MAC address filtering. http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/wifi_problems_with_moto_g Another way to verify that the Moto G's Wi-Fi MAC address is still intact is to go to Settings > About phone > Status and scroll down to Wi-Fi MAC address. If the address is visible, this will verify that the internet modem can 'see' the Moto G, but it still doesn't rule out whether or not the MAC address filter option is enabled or disabled. You'll have to get into your internet modems' settings to enable MAC address filtering. If the MAC address is not visible on your Moto G, then your internet modem cannot 'see' your Moto G. In that case, you'll have to start from the beginning and make the Moto G a preferred device using the instructions from the link above.
I'm not sure if this has been attempted, but have you tried to go into your WiFi settings, selecting your WiFi network and hit Forget. It basically tells your phone to clear the information on the Wifi Signal, allowing you to reconnect to it and reenter the password to log on. Since I see you mentioned resetting your internet modem(maybe router?), I'm not sure if that meant specifically changing or updating the password or anything else. I've had this issue before with more than just my phone (mostly laptops) and that seemed to help beyond power cycling the wireless router itself.
Userlevel 3
Hey Kristen, have you tried any of the suggestions mentioned? Please keep us posted. If not, I would suggest giving our techs a call at 1-866-995-6636 #6 from a landline for further assistance. Thank you. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star
Khaleila wrote:

Hey Kristen, have you tried any of the suggestions mentioned? Please keep us posted. If not, I wo...

I'm curious as to how Koodo Tech Agents can even resolve wifi issues since Koodo does not offer/support wifi connections?
Khaleila wrote:

Hey Kristen, have you tried any of the suggestions mentioned? Please keep us posted. If not, I wo...

Kane, you don't need to make two posts in the same thread, especially since you aren't adding any value or help in either post. Methinks you are trying to game the system to increase your community point score
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Khaleila wrote:

RedMageX, KaneSlavik's 2 posts both add more to the discussion at hand than your complaint about KaneSlavik's 2 posts. Leave the moderating to the Admins.
Khaleila wrote:

Redmage, I could careless about my community score. It doesn't really mean much anyways. And I'm still waiting for an answer to my question, so feel free to provide an answer to it.
Userlevel 4
Khaleila wrote:

Settle down, children. I'll put you in the corner and call your mothers...
Userlevel 3
Hi there! Keep in mind that we’re all here to help each others in a friendly way. When Kristen is asked to call Tech support (from a landline/alternative phone), we'll provide help even if the problem seems to be linked with Wi-Fi (that doesn't mean we won’t assist). A full troubleshooting on the phone may fix the problem…who knows! Thanks. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.