Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Moto G Malfunctions?

I have been having trouble with my Moto G as well as others I read about here. People who call me say it's like talking to someone on a CB Radio, and that I sound like I'm way down the other end of a tunnel, plus, quite frequently my reception is just pathetic, and then I loose the signal all together and I have to call the person back, and it generally happens when someone calls me, it has not ever happened when I call out, just on incoming calls??? The phone is getting very slow and freezing quite a bit. I do have malware protection, etc??? Any ideas anyone???

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you ever performed a factory reset? That can sometimes get rid of these issues. Remember to back up any important data from the phone as this will erase everything. How long ago did you purchase the phone? If it's been less than a year, you may wish to have it checked out under warranty.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

Have you ever performed a factory reset? That can sometimes get rid of these issues. Remember to ...

Also make sure your running the newest version of Android for your particular phone, which is 5.0.2 I believe.
Ivan wrote:

Have you ever performed a factory reset? That can sometimes get rid of these issues. Remember to ...

Yes, I have done a factory reset and cleaned the internal cache, updated to the latest version of Android. The phone is less than a yr old, so I'll check and see if they'll give me another, or fix the one I have. Sure would like to update the phone actually, but a very limited budget, so??? But thanks for your response, and so quickly at that.