Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Moto G Android Lollipop Upgrade

I am just wondering if koodo is going to upgrade the moto g to the new android operating system. I know that motorola confirmed that they would make it available to carriers for the Moto G

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nobody will know 100% but since I'm sure it's one of Koodo's tops selling devices I would have to think that Koodo will indeed update it to Android 5.0
Userlevel 3
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Nobody will know 100% but since I'm sure it's one of Koodo's tops selling devices I would have to...

Is it really Koodo that gives the go ahead for a software update? I'd thought that it was Google who would release the update to various devices.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Nobody will know 100% but since I'm sure it's one of Koodo's tops selling devices I would have to...

The update is built by the device manufacturer and has to be approved by Google and the carrier who sold the device, this is one reason it takes so long for updates.
it's not suposed to be google for the update. did koodo lock the update
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
sebastien beaulieu wrote:

The update just began to roll out a couple days ago and not all country's or carriers update at the same time so don't worry it's coming just be patient and keep checking your device periodically for the updates in about phone in the settings menu.
Userlevel 1

Carriers in places like india are already on the 5.0.1 update. Koodo is just slow

Really really slow koodo
Userlevel 1
I just got a notification that my phone will be upgraded in the next few weeks. So, finally the Koodo moto g is on the list