Koodo Community

Community

Solved

moto g..and possible other phones with new micro sim card.

moto g no network connection. I have had this happen 4-5 times in the last week, and when open the back of the phone ...I find the sim card has become misaligned from the contact points...evey time!... It clicks when I push it in, but can be pulled out without re clicking it...is this normal?...Ive only had this phone for just over a month!..

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No it shouldn't just come out after fully pushing it in till it clicks. Do you have an actual micro Sim card or did you cut yours down?
I was told I had to purchase a new one for $10...not given an option.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
dave williams wrote:

Well if you have an actual micro SIM and it's not staying in when it's clicked in fully then I'd say the SIM Tray might be broken. You could try another SIM Card if you have one or a friend has one but you might need to take it in for repair.
dave williams wrote:

ive tried others...no luck... Was bringing it in saturday ...thx for trying..
dave williams wrote:

only a month old, thats what bugs me...great other than that
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
dave williams wrote:

Ya that's odd that it broke as a bunch of us here have had no issues at all with the Moto G it's a great phone & very well built, especially for a low priced device. So its not a manufacturing issue you just must have had some bad luck, when you get it fixed it should be fine. Have a great one & good luck with getting it fixed quickly, Hope everything goes smoothly for you.