Koodo Community

Community

Solved

MOTO G

Userlevel 1
Does anyone know how to remove the Google Search widget from home screen?

11 replies

Userlevel 6
My Moto's off right now, but.. usually you tap+hold onto the widget, and after 2-3 seconds you can drag it to the top of the screen to the "X" where it will be deleted.
Userlevel 7
Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the google search widget not removable by dragging into trash? For the search widget I think you have to Go to settings > apps > all > Google search and tap disable. However I'm pretty sure you don't get extra screen space.
Userlevel 1
Daniel Kim wrote:

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the google search widget not removable by dragging into trash? ...

I did that also David. It's weird because after doing what you just said, I went back to home page and it was still there. So I pressed on it and it went to search mode, as though I did not even disable it.
Userlevel 1
Daniel Kim wrote:

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the google search widget not removable by dragging into trash? ...

Sorry Daniel I referred to you as David. So Daniel do you think it's NOT removable? I tried looking this up in a forum, but it seems the Moto G is still to new, at this time.
Userlevel 1
That's what I thought David. I cleaned everything else of all the pages, Except the Google widget. I press and hold the widget. The white Google print turns blue and nothing. No x shows up to drag it too. Could not find solution in PDF manual.
Userlevel 6
It's not a Widget - it's part of the Launcher so you can't remove it. If you don't want it there, try another Launcher like Nova.
Userlevel 1
John Burke wrote:

It's not a Widget - it's part of the Launcher so you can't remove it. If you don't want it there...

So that explains it then. I had thought it was widget because the same icon appears in the widget part of the phone.
Badge +4
John Burke wrote:

It's not a Widget - it's part of the Launcher so you can't remove it. If you don't want it there...

I'm using Next 3D launcher, no Google search.
Userlevel 7
John Burke wrote:

I will second Nova.
Userlevel 1
John Burke wrote:

Your rite guys. Downloaded Nova, was able to remove Google Launcher. I have more home screen surface now, without the Google obstruction. The phone looks totally different now. Makes HUGE difference when I put gallery pics on home screen now. Thank you guys for Nova. AND thanks to everyone else for the help and suggestions.
Thank you all.