Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Moto G

Hello, How come you'll be one of only two carriers to get the Moto G? Is it a good or bad sign? Tks

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The Moto X is exclusive with Rogers/Fido. I think it's just a deal that carriers and manufacturers work out. Competitive advantage and all that. I wouldnt read into it as a good or a bad sign
Dennis wrote:

The Moto X is exclusive with Rogers/Fido. I think it's just a deal that carriers and manufacture...

Motorala likes signing deals with cariers.
Userlevel 3
Only had thing I seen was Koodo didn't get the 16GB but only the 8GB.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Only had thing I seen was Koodo didn't get the 16GB but only the 8GB.

Im sure they did that to keep costs down. But I think an extra $50 would be worth it for more memory
Userlevel 7
Its a sweet phone for the price. 8GB is a little limiting and the camera isn't that great but its probably the best budget Android out in Canada right now. Way better than the Ace II X...
Jonathan I wrote:

Its a sweet phone for the price. 8GB is a little limiting and the camera isn't that great but its...

Ace II X sucks, I feel like smashing it everytime I use it because of its lag and many other problems like it saying network not available when network is clearly available. Moto G will be 50x better for just $50 more.
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

Its a sweet phone for the price. 8GB is a little limiting and the camera isn't that great but its...

Oh yeah, I got a chance to play with a Moto G and despite being in a similar price range, it almost feels in a different league altogether from the Ace II X. 1.2GHz Quad-core, Android 4.3 (soon to be 4.4), 2,030 maH battery, 720P display and GG 3 with rock solid build quality, customizable back plates, and a near stock Android experience. Camera could be better, no microSD slot and no wall adapter sucks but other than it's an awesome little phone.
Jonathan I wrote:

is the Nexus 4 worth the extra $100 or should I just go with the Moto G?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

If you dont mind it being only 8gb of storage I'd definitely go with the Moto G. It has a much better display (actually better than the iPhone 5 display, higher ppi), the sound is much louder and clearer with built in EQ, The battery is much much better than the N4, I have both of those phones and the Nexus 4 has more shortcomings but the 8gb is not usable for some. I'm absolutely loving my Moto G & would take it over the N4 any day which is something because I loved my N4 before I got my N5
Userlevel 7
Just so you know before buying: Doesn't include charger Doesn't include earbuds
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Just so you know before buying: Doesn't include charger Doesn't include earbuds

* Might want to rephrase that a little. It includes micro USB cable but no adapter for the wall.
Userlevel 6
Hi Julien, Koodo and Telus is the first carrier in North America to sell the Moto G. This is good because we are the exclusive carrier at launch in Canada. Plus, it is priced low at only $200 outright.