Koodo Community

Community

Question

Moto G 3rd generation phone not making or receiving calls

Phone bought in Scotland, it is sending and receiving texts and using data but it is not making or receiving calls. Motorola said it is a issue Koodo must deal with, something with the bands they use? Any help would be great I don't won't to buy a new phone or have or have to set up a new phone package

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As that phone wasn't from Koodo, have you tried to set the APN correctly to Koodo network?
https://www.koodomobile.com/help/setting-data-your-non-koodo-phone

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

As that phone wasn't from Koodo, have you tried to set the APN correctly to Koodo network?
[url=h...

APN settings ONLY affect data. They have nothing to do with voice.
Dinh wrote:

[url=h...

Any ideas how to get around this problem? Or will have to choose another company with different bands
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

[url=h...

What exact model is the phone? There are seven different models of the moto g 3rd gen. Of these, model 1541 will not work with Koodo at all and model 1550 will be only partially compatible. If the phone does not support the correct frequencies, there is nothing that will make it work. You can check compatibility at willmyphonework.net.

Dinh wrote:

[url=h...

It is the XT1541, oh well so there is nothing I can do? Thanks for finding the issue though, guess I'll have to get a new phone 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

[url=h...

yeah, your model supports 900/2100 3G bands while Koodo use 850/1900.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
[quote=Dinh]As that phone wasn't from Koodo, have you tried to set the APN correctly to Koodo network?
https://h...[/quote

Hoping that you won't need to run into this again.
Yea it is all the same as that. Data working and texts....still no calls