Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Moto G 16gb version.

I noticed you guys don't have the 16gb Moto G version. The 8gb version doesn't cut it for me. If you would have had the 16gb version, then I would not be typing this up right now. Are you getting the 16gb version of the Moto G in?

18 replies

Userlevel 2
Not really. It has not been announced. Koodo only carries the 8GB version. • 8 GB internal memory + 50 GB FREE Google Drive cloud storage. With the way Kit Kat works. A high Internal Memory Storage and RAM will not be a must when purchasing a phone.
Userlevel 7
Yeah the 8GB is a bit limiting since there's no microSD slot...but Koodo is only carrying this model so far.
Userlevel 7
If you want to splurge a bit then you could consider the Nexus 4 or S III if memory is your concern
Userlevel 6
Sean, I have a MotoG in hand right now, and when new out-of-box, the phone only has 5.2GB of available space for the user. It IS cramped, whatever people say. However, if you can live with it, the rest of the phone is absolutely superb all things considered against the asking price. The screen is gorgeous, the whole phone is responsive and it really doesn't feel cheap in hand. It's also got a nice heft to it, if you don't like anorexic phones. So, if you can fit your stuff into 5.2GB, by all means get the MotoG, you won't be disappointed!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
After using the Moto G for the last day and a half and absolutely loving it and it passing every single test I've put it through with flying colors I've come to a conclusion on just why Koodo may not carry the 16gb model. The Moto G is such a great phone in every single way that why would anybody buy any other phone in Koodo's line up if they could get a 16gb Moto G that is great in Every way and is only $250. Then Koodo is stuck with a bunch of higher priced phones that they won't be able to sell. That said I would love to see Koodo carry the 16gb version as it is indeed not doable for alot of ppl to deal with 8gb as the cloud is great for everything except apps of games which 2 quality games and the storage of the 8gb model is indeed full. If my theory of why koodo doesnt carry the 16gb is wrong then Koodo MUST get the 16gb model as it is the perfect phone that will only get better with 4.4
Userlevel 6
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

After using the Moto G for the last day and a half and absolutely loving it and it passing every ...

There should be an online petition for a Developer's Edition G, factory unlocked, with 16GB or, [i]dare I say it, 32GB. Take my money already!
Here I am sitting here with a HTC One V which has more space with a 32 GB SD card. I'd love to get a Moto G but 5.2 GB usable space is a joke.
Userlevel 7
DavidDrahos wrote:

Here I am sitting here with a HTC One V which has more space with a 32 GB SD card. I'd love to ge...

I would just get the S III, then. Sure it's not as compact or as zippy as the Moto G all things considered, but it has a better camera and the all important 16GB + microSD support
Userlevel 7
Keep in mind also that the G supposedly supports USB OTG and yes while it'd be nice to have a larger storage capacity for all your media, With OTG you can simply plug in any USB Flash Drive and instantly expand the devices usefulness. OTG adapters can be found on eBay at a fairly good price. You can see OTG in action on the Moto G at 4:15 on the video below: It's extra work and perhaps not something N00b's will want to try but it is an option.
It's extra work and perhaps not something N00b's will want to try but it is an option
Chad Burr wrote:

Keep in mind also that the G supposedly supports USB OTG and yes while it'd be nice to hav...

It also doesn't work well with music apps.
Is it unlocked like Nexus 4 or locked to Koodo?
Userlevel 6
Alan Xin Shen wrote:

Alan, the MotoG is locked to Koodo! It is unlockable though, if you need it to be, either by having Koodo unlock it (there is a 90-day good standing account pre-requirement and a $50 fee for this to happen) or by using a 3rd party unlocking service.
Userlevel 1
Alan Xin Shen wrote:

Only way to get it unlocked out of the box is to have an American buddy buy it from Motorola in the US and ship it to you.
Userlevel 6
Alan Xin Shen wrote:

^^ This is exactly the plan I'm about to use 😛
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Alan Xin Shen wrote:

You can get the Moto G unlocked from a couple 3rd party services on eBay for than $5 so unlocking is not a big deal in the slightest.
You can buy the 16g unlocked if you have a buddy in the US to ship it to you here http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/11/26/motorola-begins-selling-unlocked-moto-g-in-the-us-with-aws-support/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Janet Shum wrote:

You can buy the 16g unlocked if you have a buddy in the US to ship it to you here http://mobil...

That was already said above 😉
Staples now sells an "unlocked" Moto G (16 GB) for $249.79 which sometimes goes on sale for less:  http://www.staples.ca/en/Motorola-MOTO-G-16GB-UNLOCKED-Smartphone/product_1013953_2-CA_1_20001