Koodo Community

Community

More competitive plan price

Offer monthly plan and price closer to Wind. Giving more and not ask for more or increase prices we've seen in the providers

11 replies

Userlevel 1
Their prices should be better, but they won't be because they are in-line with the "competition". Wind is not really a competitor, apples and oranges. If they were a substitute, you would be with them and wouldn't worry about what Koodo was doing. So would the rest of us.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Wind doesn't have the coverage to compete with Koodo in the areas they're in at the moment. Winds coverage zone for their unlimited offerings is very small, in Ontario their coverage zone is mainly in the Toronto area and North towards Barrie right close to the 400 HWY so as soon as you go out of that area you will start roaming on their partners towers and will begin to be charged per text, per mb of data and per minute for calls so you can expect your bill to jump drastically if you don't stay within the Wind coverage zone where Koodo is Canada wide. If you have unlimited talk and text with Koodo you will not be charged any more than the price of your plan no matter where you go in all of Canada coast to coast, data is also Canada wide and if you don't go over your allowed data amount then you will not be charged anything more than the price of your plan. Koodo gives you the freedom to explore this great country and not have to worry if your still in a specific zone or have to pay high per use charges.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Wind doesn't have the coverage to compete with Koodo in the areas they're in at the moment. Winds...

You forgot that they cover Hamilton, St. Catharine's , Niagara Falls, Guelph, Kitchener-Waterlo0, Cambridge, Windsor, Woodstock, London, Peterborough, and Ottawa. So no, not just the GTA in Ontario.
Userlevel 7

Wind doesn't have the coverage to compete with Koodo in the areas they're in at the moment. Winds...

In fact, a lot of the places Ivan listed were covered before "North toronto" and DEFINITELY wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy before Barrie. I give credit where it's due and I do not support trashing other networks with fibs/misinformation to boost another one's reputation.
Userlevel 5

Out here in Alberta Wind is definitely at a disadvantage, they have coverage through all of Edmonton, but they also have a LOT less towers than Telus does. In the greater Edmonton area Telus has around 279 towers, and in the same area Wind has 99.
Userlevel 6
There is a reason why Wind is on ropes and the company behind them wrote it down $0. Basically telling everyone the Wind likely won't survive much longer. http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/wind-mobile-written-down-to-0-by-owner-vimpelcom-1.2562438
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris Petersens wrote:

There is a reason why Wind is on ropes and the company behind them wrote it down $0. Basically te...

I'm not buying that and they seem to be adding subs. A lot of people don't care about LTE.
Userlevel 5
Chris Petersens wrote:

There is a reason why Wind is on ropes and the company behind them wrote it down $0. Basically te...

Subs don't necessarily make a huge difference if the plans aren't profitable. The problem with Winds financial statements aren't because they don't have enough subscribers, its because their plans are non sustainable if they want to keep spending money building networks and hiring staff. All that stuff costs money, while everyone says the national carrier gouge everyone (which they do to an extent), they also have a LOT more overhead and infrastructure costs so that also contributes to higher rate plan costs.
Userlevel 6
Chris Petersens wrote:

What is there to "not to buy" Ivan? 🙂 I didn't make that up. It's a fact. Mobilicity, Public all added subs yet went bakrupt. I have 3 close acquaintances that left national phone companies in search of a cheaper alternative. They went to Wind but all switched back after a few months of struggles with their service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The only way you'll see them giving more for less is if you either drop to prepaid or switch to Wind. We've seen that asking won't do a thing.
Userlevel 5
There's been tons of people saying that they are going to switch over to WIND on this community forum. I don't really like the current plans that are being offered at the moment also but I don't think WIND is going to solve your problem because of their coverage. I mean, for some people it works but for most of us, it doesn't.