Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Monthly due dates and data consumption dates are different. This email is going to the CRTC

I was on the phone with a customer rep. I wanted to increase my data plan from $ 40 to $ 70 a month. That was fine until then. What took place after was the rep said my due date was the 17th of the month but on my phone it has 27th of the month. iI wanted the plan to keep it on the 27th. The rep insisted that my plan started on the 17th.but I have my purchase bill and it is on the 28th. What was confusing that Koodo was going to charge me $ 30 for a new due date. Which I declined. Problem is my phone data date is different from my due date. Is this a sly way to get more money by making it confusing.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
"the rep said my due date was the 17th of the month "The rep insisted that my plan started on the 17th."
- Due date and billing cycle are different. What did the rep said? Due date is on the 17th or your plan start on the 17th?

Also if you change your plan in middle of the billing cycle, there will be a proration charge.
Can you log into your self serve and check your billing cycle?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just a tip to help you avoid wasting your time contacting the CRTC but you can't complain to the CRTC because you misunderstood how something works in your service, it's to protect customers from improper practices of rules laid out by the CRTC by the carrier.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Just a tip to help you avoid wasting your time contacting the CRTC but you can't complain to the ...

I can complain to the CRTC if procedures are not followed. This was not explained on the purchase date. Second point I wouldn't be wasting my time. I did not misunderstand because it wasn't explained upon purchase. I thank you for your insight, and a inadequate explanation.
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Just a tip to help you avoid wasting your time contacting the CRTC but you can't complain to the ...

Paul is correct. The CRTC mentions that you can direct complaints to the Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services, (CCTS) to resolve issues relating to your telecommunications services. http://crtc.gc.ca/RapidsCCM/warning.asp?page=cellEng.htm&lang=E http://www.ccts-cprst.ca/
Userlevel 5
The due date and the billing cycle are never going to be the same. As someone who worked a lot of years in retail I don't think I ever explained that because everyone assumes that your bill isn't going to be due the day it generates. The carriers all give some time for you to review your bill in case there are any problems before its due. That's pretty much the way every bill in Canada works.
I have to think that assumption is where the problem starts. Vagueness as to when it starts and the explanation are again not clear. Also when a carrier gives another phone, because you are a good customer That phone should not be tied to the same time line as the original phone. It should be separate. Two different numbers too different lines. Problem, one person has 2 different #'s but it is given to someone else one the same monthly time line. Its convoluted and causes assumptions and can cause the customer to fork over more money, because of the hard to follow guidelines.