Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Mobile network unavailable

I activated like two hours ago for prepaid, but my phone still cannot connect to the network. It says emergency calls only, and no service

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Turn the phone off and remove the battery (if applicable) and sim card Replace both and turn the device back on.
Chad Burr wrote:

Turn the phone off and remove the battery (if applicable) and sim card Replace both and turn t...

I've did like everything possible. Restart device and remove and replace the sim card a bunch of times.... Even cleared my cache and Dalvik cache to see if that gets me anywhere.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Turn the phone off and remove the battery (if applicable) and sim card Replace both and turn t...

Okay So now navigate to settings...wireless and networks...more..mobile networks...
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Make sure network selection is set to automatic and that "use 2g only" or "use gsm only" isn't selected. What phone is this?
Chad Burr wrote:

Nexus 5. I've checked pretty much everything possible, even the things you've mentioned. Seems like my port from Virgin prepaid is already complete as well, so why can't my phone connect to the network?
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

If you do aa network scan what networks show up?
Chad Burr wrote:

All of them. Koodo, Bell, Rogers, mobilicity, wind
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Are you able to select koodo? It is also possible the port didn't complete on koodos end. You may need to give tech support a call.
Chad Burr wrote:

If I select Koodo, I just am not able to connect to it, hence the problem. Does the port need to complete to even connect to the network?
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

I think your device is connecting but something is preventing the network to acknowledge your device. This happens to me when I roam in the states though it's usually temporary. If you get a chance use this imei checker: http://www.protectyourdata.ca/check-the-status-of-your-device-in-canada/ to make sure virgin didn't flag your device as lost or stolen (sounds impossible but who knows). If it all looks good, contact koodo tech support (it's free) and let them know your having issues activating.
Chad Burr wrote:

Yeah I just checked the IMEI blacklist too and nope, nothing. I'll try calling tech support then
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Let me know what they tell you because now I'm curious too!
Chad Burr wrote:

The Rep said there's an error with the activation server right now, so it's not going through on Koodo's end. She opened a case ticket for the engineering department and said that compensation also might be considered. She said that the issue was supposed to be resolved, that's weird.