Koodo Community

Community

Solved

"Mobile network not available" for a week?

"Mobile network not available". It's been like this for a week. 4 bars. I live in Canada and the phone started working when I went near the US border and I received a message that said I'd entered the states. When I left the area, it stopped working again. I've turned it on and off, taken out the battery and sim card, and turned flight mode on and off. its a samsung galaxy. What can I do?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hey Its Me, It's me too Cycle your Airplane mode on and off Then Cycle your Wifi on and off if that doesn't work Goto Settings - Wireless and Networks- Mobile Networks - Network Selection If It's set to Automatic, Set it to manual and scan for Telus or Koodo. When they show up select either. If it's set to Manual, Set it to automatic and let it scan. I'll be waiting by my keyboard so you can tell if any of that worked for you
Chad Burr wrote:

Hey Its Me, It's me too Cycle your Airplane mode on and off Then Cycle your Wifi on and off ...

none of that worked. it said i couldnt connect to koodo's network. its not set to 2g only either.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It actually sounds like the phone is set to 2g/gsm only. AT&T and T-Mobile both offer 2G service, koodo doesn't, which would explain why it works when roaming but not at home. Check under settings->more settings->mobile networks->network mode. It should be set to auto.
Userlevel 7
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

It actually sounds like the phone is set to 2g/gsm only. AT&T and T-Mobile both offer 2G service...

UGH!!!! I didn't think of that!!! That would totally explain it! But the SGA usually says "unregistered sim" so thats what threw me off. Only time will tell. Hopefully we'll get an answer from the Original Poster (OP) soon!
none of that worked. it said i couldnt connect to koodo's network. its not set to 2g only either.
Userlevel 6
Its Me wrote:

Hi there, at that point, I suggest that you contact our technical support directly over the phone. We can be reached at 1-866-995-6636 from a landline, #6. Thank you! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.