Koodo Community

Community

Solved

MMS pictures with no data plan

I'm having difficulty with MMS picture messaging. I have the bottom tier plan with zero data but unlimited picture messaging. As such, I don't want to turn data on in the phone because I don't want to risk apps using the apn. Is there a way to have data enabled but restrict everything else?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
If you connect to wifi first then you can turn the data on without worry. Just remember to turn the data off again before leaving the wifi network.
Thank you...what about when not near a wifi network? That defeats the purpose. If I have wifi then I could use any of a hundred services to get a picture off the phone.
Userlevel 7
frollard wrote:

Thank you...what about when not near a wifi network? That defeats the purpose. If I have wifi the...

You're going to have to go through and configure your apps not to use background services and to only update over wifi. For now, you need to have data on in order to send an mms. 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Or if possible you can edit your APN so data does not work but MMS works. However this depends on your phone. On iphone this is very easy now. For android it really depends on your phone
Dennis wrote:

Or if possible you can edit your APN so data does not work but MMS works. However this depends o...

please describe this easy procedure
Userlevel 1
Dennis wrote:

Or if possible you can edit your APN so data does not work but MMS works. However this depends o...

I think this is what you wanted http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/change_apn_to_disable_internet_while_enabling_mms_on_samsung_ace_2